Gaia Project players wanted

I just created one with no issues. Not sure what is going on at your end…

yup, all good now, but not sure why it would not let me…back to my opinion that Digidiced sucks

it’s a bit special this time. they moved over to a new server provider for a better performance and all game data and players’ data had to be migrated.

anyone for another 3P or 4P game?
game hasn’t yet “clicked” for me.
there must be more behind the mechanics.

1 Like

My initial strategy has been to focus on chasing round bonuses and end of game bonuses. Kind of how I played Wingspan at first. If I just use those to guide me, I have found I score decently and am slowly figuring out other nuances of the game.

I’m always in for another one.

And yeah, I will take another game. I like this game.

(I hate this app though, the presentation of this game in the app is so bad.)

If you want to run a 4P game rather than a 3P game, I’m up for another–got lots to learn.

I’ll go again. One of these games I will read how gaiaformers work…

Question on this that I might have missed in the tutorials I watched. I currently have like only 1 purple thing in the tray on my game with @Codington and @JMH.75 . Did I trade those away somehow? I thought when you used them, they just go down to the lowest section, but it appears you can actually spend them?

There are two ways to use power in GP, similar (same?) to Terra Mystica. Spending from the top bowl, or burning from the middle bowl. Burning means literally that - you lose that power for the rest of the game.

Here’s a good thread on BGG (with the added bonus of a hilarious spelling mistake of “bowels” instead of bowls…)

1 Like

Ok, it just was not always clear in the app on what was going on, but that is helpful. I think I just have to be more careful when being offered alternative costs, where they are coming from.

1 Like

Definitely. The app is pretty good otherwise but I made the same mistake in my first practice game - either I missed the iconography and/or the game doesn’t quite spell out the whole burning thing. :wink:

it’s mentioned in the log.
too late for considerations, just regrets…

just what i have tried to do as well. but that’s not the kind of “click” i’m longing for, and who wants to score decently?
i’m still searching for grand strategies or overwhelming secrets behind the curtain.

or is it just about establishing the most efficient galactic bureaucracy, working through the scripted lists with well oiled precision?

i will set up a 4P game with the first players who wanted to join.
in sequence those players were:
@JMH.75
@kennfusion
@geigerm

i made a mistake when setting up the first game. i have already left that game and set up a new one with these options:
shuffle players
turn order by passing
delay passive power charging
players choose their factions

wasn’t sure about “last player rotates sectors”. useful and recommended?
a must have or too powerful?
should we start from scratch with this option enabled? think we should check this out in a later game.

@geigerm the first player to choose his faction now.

Yeah I know, but generally playing that way allows you to discover the ways to score big along the way.

1 Like

It appears that the Itars break that rule also, correct? They allow you to “spend” area II to move to area III without perm losing the power.

I kind of liked having my faction chosen for me in the first game I played, only because I find the faction choices a bit overwhelming. Unsure if the best way to learn the game is to try a bunch of different factions across multiple games, or just keep playing the same faction until I’m confident in using it. Feel like this is one of the issues I ran into trying to learn TM.

Ha! Good learning game - in particular I learned too late I would have won by 1 point instead of lost by one point if I had spent my remaining power for some leftover resources! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

GG @kennfusion @JMH.75 !

1 Like