Fire Emblem Heroes

I actually built up a pretty decent team of 5stars after a series of incredibly lucky draws. I think this skill inheritance thing is where I draw the line, though. Too many options and it makes your team composition less meaningful.

I like the idea of skill inheritance because it might make those crap 3*/4* troops lying around useful ā€¦ although part of what makes heroes crappy is their lack of good skills. I have yet to give it a try, though.

@TannerHendrickson Could you elaborate on what you mean by ā€œmakes your team composition less meaningfulā€ and why thatā€™s a bad thing? Given that team composition is heavily luck-drivenā€“you can only play the heroes you drewā€“I like the idea of being able to develop those heroes a little more. To me, itā€™s akin to being able to craft cards in Hearthstone.

Yeah, I realized that it might not be such a bad thing after all. I do stand by my dislike of it, if only because my brain just kind of shuts down when presented with that many options and the interface just does not present those options in a way that is easy to visualize. What I was talking about with team composition was that I could see a future where teams are all the same characters modified to be good at pretty much any situation, but I also donā€™t really know (or care, honestly) enough about whatā€™s available to know if thatā€™s even possible. And itā€™s another character growth system in a game thatā€™s already chock-full of obtuse character growth systems. I donā€™t really play Arena all that much anyway!

Canā€™t argue with any of your points, especially the confusing nature of the interface. Part of the reason I havenā€™t promoted any troops or inherited any skills is Iā€™m suffering from the same type of mental overload you describe. But, in theory, I like the idea of being able to make those changes ā€¦

I play a decent amount in the Arena (especially after the addition of the daily quests) and Iā€™ll be interested to see if skill inheritance makes that mode harder. I know the devs announced Arena matchmaking changes will be coming in April that should take skills into account, not just the charactersā€™ stats.

I didnā€™t know until recently that stats were even taken into account, but thatā€™s a good thing, as Arena matches can be easier if you donā€™t take your best team into battle. Iā€™ve had a much higher success rate with a group of level 20-ish heroes than with my two level 40s and two level 37s.

1 Like

Errrā€¦uuhā€¦huh? Oh my percentage of posts in this thread went down? Canā€™t have that! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Did you know that when you log into FE:H now on Android you get a free 4* Female Corrin?

Donā€™t be alarmed however if you usually play on iOS and all your Orbs are gone. This is by design, not a bug.
It is because orbs bought trough iOS go trough Apple, while on Android trough Google and are exclusive.
So logging back on iOS gives you your Orbs back and FCorrin is also there (I checked so trust me).

Now I want a Apple Promotion giving me a uhā€¦ 4* Star Ninian or Azuraā€¦no? Darnā€¦ok then a 4* Male Corrin or Robin :stuck_out_tongue:

Got my Ninian finally \o/

This time I went for ā€œdrawing Blues onlyā€ instead of going for 5 each time to get the most out of 20 Orbs.
Granted I was fuming when I didnā€™t get a blue orb at all in my session (that happened trice) but then today I get a 3 Blue Orb Lot and the first one was Ninian.

Only 117 Orbs it took to get herā€¦how lucky I amā€¦and I was so happy I immediately started leveling her, without checking IV but I donā€™t do that anyway.

I sure hope that there will be an update coming fort to upgrade shards into crystalsā€¦ Levelling 1-20 is fun so I do it myself. But above 20 I feel the urge to spend Crystals here and thereā€¦only I have a ton of shards but no crystalsā€¦

You can say what you want, but Intelligent Systems is not giving in anytime soon with the polish and QoL Updates.

Comming soon-ish ā„¢

Reposition Heroes on starting spots
Helpful as the starting positions were always bound to order in Team, which sometimes was a PITA to reshuffle in the first turn

More EXP Gain for 1 ~ 4 Heroes**
The lower the star rating the more EXP they get, nice for someone like me who has too many damn lowbies I want to level

and finally:

Stamina max will be increased from 50 to 99
Stamina potions will be modified accordingly. Thats nice! Especially when you can only play in the morning/evening while commuting the change is nice. Especially when attempting the nefarious 7th to 10th Training Tower Stratum.

Source:
siliconera

Sometimes such nice improvements sound too good to be trueā€¦sometimes I think this was planned well before release and will only be implemented post-launch to make me happyā€¦then again I am a pessimcough realistā€¦

1 Like

That stamina upgrade would be really, really nice, for exactly the reason you state. I just got the 7th Training Tower Stratum quest done and hope Iā€™ll have time to finish the 8th, but I seriously doubt the 10th ones are happening this month.

Iā€™m looking forward to the next change in summoning focus ā€¦ sitting on a giant pile of orbs with no focus heroes Iā€™m really interested in at the moment ā€¦

Also, was anyone able to get past the 4* Michalis battle, and if so, how?

Yes, one common strategy is Olivia+Able

Going east position Able on bottom east danger square. Use Olivia to Dance him to the Northern Cavalery and kill him.
Depending on where Michaelis moves or the other mid units different strategies go from there.

In the sneek preview event Michaelis went north while the two fliers went south. In the event now Michaelis went north, the Drawback Flier east and the last one south.

I was experimenting but I did it different then most.
Therefore I went with Raven (Axe) Abel (Bravelance+ also called dakkadakkainhaleDAKKADAKKA!-lance) Olivia and Red Lobster King ~ Ryoma (Sword)
But there are ton of different techniques out there, most go with Archers, but I donā€™t have any good onesā€¦

Helpful Reddit page with a gazillion different team combos, screenshots and videos

I never was a big fan of redditā€¦but since FE:Hā€¦it seems helpful :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit:
Less gibberish-ishā€¦

Holy cow, I finally won one of these 4* grand hero battles. Thanks to @Private_Prinny for the helpā€“I started off exactly how you suggested, using Abel + Olivia to take out the cavalry on the top right. Gordin (Brave Bow) took out the two non-Michaelis flyers, then Julia (Green Tome) took out the remaining two enemies, with a little help from Oliviaā€™s Dance to get in the two necessary attacks each time.

Iā€™m a big, big fan of the ā€œbraveā€ weaponsā€“I donā€™t have many heroes who can one-shot enemies, but thatā€™s not necessary when you can get two attacks off when you initiate combat!

Next Grand Hero Batle seems to be Navarre (Sword-Infantry) if I interpret it correctly.

Only curious how they skill him. in ā€œrealā€ Fire Emblem games there were ā€œwesternā€ sword characters which were usually Lords (Ike, Chrom, Marth, Roy) with western fantasy inspired setting, coat, armor, tough and strong and ā€œeasternā€ Swordmasters which were physically weak but nimble, very fast and accurateā€¦so far I liked them more even when they were not in the main focus and usually only sidekicks.
In FE:H I only like Lyn in that category. The other ā€œswordmasterā€ type red sword units right now are kind of meh in my books (Fir, Hana, Lonqu, Karel and Hinata). Curious how Navarre will be implemented.

Also a easter themed bannerā€¦with already released heroes (Xander aside) represented as some kind of Bunny-monstrosityā€¦I would cry pass but Boobzilla is a mage in this oneā€¦a flying mage(!)ā€¦which would be nice if not for Camilla being Camilla and the ugly costumesā€¦

But a possiible (pretty sure) Voting Gauntlet was revealed via their banners.

A flying Wyvern (Boobzā€¦Camilla(AGAIN? Do away with her already!), Cherche, Minerva and Beruka) VS: a flying Pegasi (Cordelia (yayy), Hinoka, Palla and Subaki(yuk)) Gauntlet.
I am excited but would have been even way more excited if flyers werent so under-utilized in this game.
Usually in the REAL Fire Emblem games I would maxx out my flying force the best I could. My teams were never strong (always borderline weak) because of the squishy fliers but the most mobile possible force. Only problems were Archers and Armored Charactersā€¦

In this game riders have 3 mobility and Flyers 2ā€¦in real FE the flyers would always be the most mobile unitsā€¦if Flyers were 3 mobility units as well in this game I would again sink my Orbs into this banners - maybe even spending 35ā‚¬ again on the game. To date I only dropped Money on it onceā€¦as I think any Fire Emblem Game is worth at least 35ā‚¬ in my book, but fought the urges to whale on it.

Oh and source: via Fire Emblem Heroes Reddit

I pulled a 5* Camilla mage this morning, which is nice and all, except that Iā€™ve already got ā€œgreen mageā€ pretty well covered with a 5* Julia and 4* Cecilia (actually 2 of those, not that Iā€™ve leveled the second one).

Took me three tries to get that one 5*, during which I really stocked up on garbageā€“4* and 3* Azamas (Iā€™ve now got three copies of the 4* version) and a trio of 3* female Corrins. I really need to figure out which of these heroes Iā€™m keeping and use the others to improve the good ones ā€¦

The new summoning focuses are nice and allā€“hooray for variety and for another voting gauntlet event coming soonā€“and I managed to pull a 5* on my second set ā€¦ but it was Merric. For the record, thatā€™s four 5* heroes for me, three of them green mages. If I ever run into a map filled with lance users and blue dragons, Iā€™ll beat the tar out of them ā€¦

Yeah the Summoning Engine is basically a digital troll.

I have set aside all Orbs since Ninian and had 120 left. Basically the plan was to spend 60 on Trying to get an Effie and a Kagero on the Fighting Navarre Banner (Both units are badass, my 4 Star Kagero is a Killing machine, and I hear lots of good thinks of the hulking Effieā€¦even so that I can set my dislike of Armor Knight Class asideā€¦) and the other 60 on trying to get a good 5* from the Falcoknight/Pegasus-Knight banner.
Both only pulling Grey and Blue or only Blue for the Flyer banner

Result:
5* Jaffar from the first Banner
4* Effie from the Flyer Banner
Huge Summoners Remorse all aroundā€¦

Yes I got a 5 Starā€¦but then again totally NOT my style 5* sniff

At least the battling Navarre Grand hero Battle was easier this time.

Beat him on both levels with:
Abel, Olivia, Kagero and Ryoma.

Sent Kagero into the eastern woods to bait that one Dagger-Thief. Next 2 rounds retreated south with everything to have the Axe-Warrior try to go trough the woods. Used Abel to finish of Navarre and Ryoma (any tanky red sword should do) for the rest.
Needed 3 tries on Lunatic to figure out where to go exactlyā€¦

Itā€™s been a while since we talked about this oneā€“are the few of us who were actively playing still at it?

I was out for a while, as even the quests had gotten to be a bit of a grind. The new levels drew me back in, and the Hero Fest summoning focus was intriguing enough to give it a try. The summoning RNG finally smiled on meā€“drew a 5* Azura on my first try, and a 5* Hector on my second.

To my regret I had to go full-on cold turkey here. Right about when they added the Ike banner (and they had Titania for crying out loud!)

After realising I spent nearly a month 1,5 - 2 hours a day while commuting and yet another hour at home on this game and reddit and other sites about it I had to realize the fact that sure I am addicted to it.

My problem is I have a bazillion of games in my backlog and I am in for story, narrative and worldbuilding regardless of genre. This game hasnā€™t much on that department, just the heartstrings attached to the Fire Emblem Series which actually does and is in my favourite genre.

Having spent north of 150 hours already on the game with quite literal nothing to show for it I had to quit. I am hooked on the collection, strategizing, puzzling fact but am vicim to the grind and too much stuff I want to do.

Still not sad about the 75 Orb Pack I purchased at releaseā€¦value clocks in about the same a ā€œrealā€ fire emblem would have costed.
It was totally worth it and I am impressed with my restraint for not spending more. But seing the Hero Fest Heroes now that would have been a nightmare for my wallet for sure.

Now lets hope for more quality ā€œrealā€ Fire Emblem (and Advance Wars) in the future, now that IS and Nintendo had yet again a machine to print money and rise awareness on this IP.

@Private_Prinny Ah, too bad. Now Iā€™ve got to go somewhere else to talk about my happy successes and whine about the ā€œunfairnessā€ of the summon engine!

I know what you mean, thoughā€“Iā€™ve had to pull myself away from other games with that same feeling of, ā€œWhy the heck am I spending all my time playing this?ā€ Gems of War and MtG: Puzzle Quest are the two most recent examples, but there are plenty of others in my past that contributed to a lot of wasted time and a steadily growing backlog.

I keep playing FE: Heroes because each match is relatively quickā€“most of whatā€™s on my phone is for short playthroughsā€“and I have no FE background and therefore no desire to spend actual money. Itā€™s almost like a puzzle game to me, with a bit of character progression I find interesting.