Fire Emblem Heroes

This game also brings out the worst in me: My huge indecisiveness trait.

I get overwhelmed easily by to many choices…a reason why I struggle in games like Skyrim, or get bogged down in GW2 because I want to play all classes.

Here it is the same, I have 18k feathers… but what to do… I want to upgrade 3* FRobin, 3* MRobin, 3* FCorrin, 3Kagero, 2Lyssa, 3* Sharena, 3 * Cecilia and 3* Nino buut I also have 65 Orbs so there is a chance to draw them in 4* or better quality buuut I don’t like the current banners so I dont want to waste orbs right now, also I don’t know which IV the ones I already have are because I didn’t check the starts when they were level 1. Also given the time I needed to amass 10k feathers (I already promoted a 2 * Olivia all the way to 4* which costs 200+2k feathers) it will take a LOT of time for a 4* to 5* promotion to be viable…and then the omnious “inherit skills” update looms on the horizon so what to do right now?

What to do choices choices…sniff

Well, you could wait … :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m not sure it’s worth bumping a 4* to a 5*, honestly. I’ve got some pretty kick-ass 4* heroes, and I wouldn’t want to bump them down to level 1 and have to level them again. I also haven’t seen any 5*-only abilities I HAVE to have (although I haven’t looked much). I think the 3* to 4* jump might be more worthwhile.

Anyone should really really log in today.

There is a one-time login bonus for the release of the Nintendo-Switch

Some Crests, Stamina potions AND 3333 Feathers!!!
Also some overly complicated Hero/Vote/Battle Gauntlet event but hey…stuff to do! :slight_smile:

Edit:
The Gauntlet isn’t happening until Tuesday that is…damn american date system gets me confused every single time…

I think the patch notes for the update said something about a new event, too, so that only added to the confusion.

Just my luck…2 of the thre Waifucough princesses in the Voting Gauntlet banner I really want…and since I haven’t spent orbs since the very first banners after release. I managed to amass 102…soo enough for 5 Complete Pulls…

What do I get? A 5 Star Cain to mock me …to complement my 5 Star Abel…that Game really wants me to go all Cavalary…a 4* Boobzilla (now that she isn’t arena special hero anymore) and a truckload of uninteresting 3 Stars…le sigh…maybe I should do it like othes seems to do…give up on the 5 pull = cheaper 20 orbs and only pull reds / blues and abandon summoning events without them…more expensive pulls but a higher chance to get…3 Star Reds (%!&)!/&!%!!!#!

At least one 4 Star Tharija…sniff

At least now we get at least 1 XP…regardless of Level difference between your and enemy character… \o/

I’m actually holding onto my orbs for a change. On my last pull, I managed to get my second 5* … but it was Lachesis, a !%&#?! useless healer. While the newer focuses have more promising heroes, the time frame for each is so short that I probably wouldn’t have the time to get the 5* rates high enough to actually pull one before the next reset. Think I’ll wait for the next banner switch.

Thanks for the laugh … I always cringe whenever I go up against that character, wondering what the hell the artist was thinking.

Maybe I missed something, you can improve the rates of getting a 5*?

Every time you don’t pull a 5*, the appearance rates increase slightly–I think it’s 0.25% for both the 5* Focus and base 5* rate. The two times I pulled a 5* so far, I was up to 3.5% for both. Those rates reset when the summoning focus changes, though, so it’s not like they just keep increasing until you get a 5* hero.

1 Like

Exactly. You know the picture with the Summoning Focus “Banner”?
So if you click on the “Appearence Rate” buttom at the bottom you see the CURRENT rate. Usually 5* start out with 3% (same with 5* Focus) but after a set of 5 Draws without a 5* the rate raises for a whopping 0,25% (same for 5* Focus).
At the begiining I thought the button only shows static chance but it does accumulate failure based increase.

Problem:
It does only count for the one specific banner. So best is to save up orbs until you have 20,40,60 etc and then go all in on ONE Banner.

Meanwhile in Prinny HQ:

What to do with my 25k Feathers…promote 4* Olivia or raise 3* Sharena or 3* FRobin (as both are currently exclusive units so no remorse for raising them now and summoning the 5* version the day after tomorrow or something)…

Choices…ARGH!

What do you need more? In a vacuum, I’d probably promote Robin, as she seems to have the best upgrades going from 3* to 4*, but if you’re flush with green tome users, why bother? I’d consider promoting my 3* Nino if I didn’t have a 5* Julia and 4* Cecilia filling those needs for me.

I’m looking at a 3* MRobin, 2* Olivia, or 2* Sharena as my most likely candidates for promotion … once I get them to level 20. I think Olivia would be the most worthwhile, since I don’t have a dancer or singer and my other red troops are mediocre at best, but that’s a long road …

I promoted FRobin to 5 star…and not a minute to soon…

I didn’t expect the Ursula Grand Hero Battle to be a 3/4 Star fight but it rather be a 2/3 Star fight like the last two.

I did sit the first one out but I managed Robin fights after some 5 tries or so.

This one…was hard.
And I didn’t have the “meta” heroes at all.
Thankfully I found this Reddit… a ton of random hero combinations…and I found one which matched my roster…I didn’t have a 5 star but a 4 star sharena so I adapted the strategy a bit after my first try failed.
Voila a 3 and a 4 star Ursula…the internet to the rescue again :wink:

Hopefully there is something for you as well if you are struggling

I have 3x 4-star Nino. One at level 18 and the other two at level 1. I tried to feed the level 1s to the level 18 in the Merge Allies screen, but it does not let me. I wasn’t even sure if that was a good idea, but it won’t let me anyway. What should I be doing with these dupes?

Looks like they (temporarily?) disabled the ability to merge allies with the same star level. I was able to do that a while back when I pulled a second 4* Cherche, and all it got me was essentially a 1 level upgrade (although it shows up as a ‘+’, not an actual level upgrade). Since then, when I’ve pulled dupes, I’ve just leveled them up separately or ignored 1 in favor of the other.

Completely unrelated–as I was typing this response, the following popped up:

"This topic is clearly important to you – you’ve posted more than 29% of the replies here.

Are you sure you’re providing adequate time for other people to share their points of view, too?"

Umm … thanks, Discourse … ?:unamused:

Had that as well…but with a disturbingly higher percentage. Thanks Discourse for hinting to shut up once in a while…
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@kennfusion maybe wait on scrapping or fusing heroes a bit. They announced Skill inheritance coming soon. As it seems you can pass of skills from one hero to another by sacrificing them…so as long as you have spots left in the barracks you may want to wait a bit…

1 Like

@Private_Prinny My immediate thought after seeing that notification was wondering what message you got … :joy:

A couple of unrelated questions:

When you unlock potential, does the hero go back to level 1 AND lose all gained abilities? If so, I’m not going to waste SP on the heroes I plan to promote …

Also, is it just me, or is the current summoning focus terrible?

@ Current Focus
I dunno, I will throw some orbs at it for the non-existent chance to get the blue dragon “Ninian” (which can sing which gives a turn like Olivia’s dance)

and will surely get a crapton boring 3 Star Blues.

@ Unlocking Potential.:
No what you have already unlocked is yours . You also keep the unspent SP.

However one thing of note. You won’t get the better weapon automatically unlocked.
Example:
1 * Private Prinny dual wields Iron Swords
2* Captain Prinny dual wields Steel Swords

Unlocking Potential will unlock the Steel Sword as an option to LEARN but not as " already learned" like if you did get the Captain Prinny via Draw directly.

So I am not really playing this game seriously, just log in each day, get some orbs, maybe play a couple games, but 15 minutes at the most. But saw this quote from you and thought, hmmm, I have like 40 orbs, let’s go roll. Had I not seen you mention Ninian, I would not have rolled just now.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Congrats!
I’ll try my luck later. I only pushed for Lyn at the start and luckily got her. Now lets see how things work out here.

Thanks for the info on promoting. As for the summoning focus … you’re clearly an optimist–you see one troop you want and think it’s worth trying for (which was obviously true for kenn). I’m a pessimist–I see two staff users out of the six focus heroes and think I’d absolutely end up with one of them if I got any 5* heroes at all.

EDIT (not a new post–want to make sure everyone’s voices are heard :laughing:): I couldn’t help myself with a bunch of orbs burning a hole in my pocket, so to speak, so I tried my luck at summoning. The good news? No lousy healers. The bad news? Five 3* heroes. At least I got a 3* Olivia, thus making it unnecessary to promote my 2* version.

The Inherit Skills Update is life…and I am a tiny bit torn about this…

I am about always up for more customization…
But this took the grind up to another level if you want to go inherit skill crazy.

Good thing if you have multiple crap 3* and 4* lying around…
bad news…GIMME SP MOAR MOAAAR! twitch you have to level them first…

And the possibilities are almost limitless…just what enlisted Penguin from hell needs…more fodder for his indecisiveness-complex…