[FINAL RESULTS] SP Race for the Galaxy Three-Man Challenge

Close game! I had many windfall worlds and the 6 dev that went with them.

a real nailbiter finish.
grats on your win, jason1002!

1 Like

Okay, that sets up our second semifinal.

@Snotty128 should set up a table with @KYakerDude and @jason1002. The winner advances to the finals; the others are sent to labor camps.

1 Like

Great game @Snotty128 and @jason1002. I had a great starting hand for a military strategy and the military cards I needed kept coming my way.

Scores:
KYakerDude: 40
Snotty128: 35
Jason1002: 24

I needed it to last a few more turns so I could do consume X 2 , produce, rinse and repeat.

Great game, and very tense from my point of view as I was always just behind Js619. Sadly the Spartans and their +12 military was just too much to handle. A game worthy of a semi final

Argh, I just chose my action and clicked ok, then it didn’t seem like it clicked so I clicked again and it passed. That’s a bummer.

@SleepingGiant that sucks man! Was that one of the double sell actions?

This game is so damned close. Coming into what may be the final round I have a narrow lease on 40 vs 33 vs 33.

@Hardco has 6 goods on his planets, so he has a stack of points to flop from that (at least 10).

Should be a tight finish!!!

I clicked settle so I could place black market world and then trade in hardco’s trade phase, but then double clicked and missed both. The game should allow undo if nobody else’s move is visible yet. I guess the lesson is wait longer between clicking. Ah well, it is still an exciting game.

Well, after getting spanked in our last two (three?) I came through with an incredibly efficient pay for military, with cost reduction. Never ran out of cards.

Great game guys!

Great game, I don’t think my misclicked turn would have changed the final standings, so that is a relief! Good luck to both of you in the final rounds!

1 Like

Good game all! I think that’s the most production planets I’ve ever had in play…

Down to the final table. Drama!

Gird your loins, @Baelnor, @Hardco, and @KYakerDude. Only one can be the Galactic Master.

If there’s no objections, let’s have @Baelnor send out the invite, since he won at the “featured” table.

Begin when ready.

Invite has been sent! May the odds something something…

So, I was fortunate enough to have a dream run. Windfall military + 4 card blues + fat 6 devs.

Good game!

2 Likes

Yeah, it was a close game until the last turn. I had to hope that you didn’t draw into a fat 6-development with your last trade. But with a full hand it didn’t seem likely that my 9 point play was going to hold up… Good game!

Is it over?

Can someone spell out the final scores? I find those screenshots difficult to read.

Baelnor 41
Hardco 30
Kayaker 23

Okay, then, adding it all up … after nearly four months:

Champion (and new Stately Play editor): @Baelnor
Runner-up: @Hardco
Third: @KYakerDude
Fourth through sixth places go to our semifinal losers.

I’m happy to see that three-player Race can work in a tournament setting. Personally, it’s my preferred number of players.

Thanks, everyone; I thought it went well. I figured on finishing in 2018, for sure.

7 Likes

I meant to post this earlier. We’ll just leave it here for future historians.

Final standings, with color-coded playoff assignments: