Fantasy deck-builder, Legendary DXP, is set to arrive next week

Odd that the release version is 0.09. Release rushed for the start of GenCon today?

I think that’s the prevailing theory.

Curious about this one myself. Are these crashes primarily mp play related?

Somewhere out there is a contract that mandates a GenCon release. That’s pretty obvious.

Well in order to guarantee a gencon release date, they had to submit weeks ago to Apple, Most likely they know the bugs and probably have a patch ready to go soon.

Of course, all I did was log in, watch videos, go to try the game vs AI and then realized that you can’t actually learn to play that way without giving them money…which is completely lame.

It’s pretty sketchy to tell your potential customers: “Hey, either give us $2 right now for this buggy piece of shit … or give us $5 later for an app that might actually work.”

Upper Deck could fuck up a free lunch.

1 Like

I agree with this completely, but I’m one of the suckers who is going to take the bait anyway. I’ll skip my morning coffee and break even.

If I skipped my morning coffee I would get a horrible headache from caffeine withdrawal.

Maybe I should have said skip “a morning coffee” because there is never just one and I never go without…

For what it’s worth, an update to version 1.01 is already live.

Edit: Take that @Baelnor!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I was just coming here right now to say it, but mirefox beat me to it :slight_smile:

This game is not Async is it? I think I just wasted $2 probably, I don’t even see a tutorial.

No, not async. Also, turns are timed so you have to move fast. Oh, and there appear to be THREE CURRENCIES in a non-collectible board game app. Ugh.

Isn’t an upper decker where you poop in someones toilet cistern? Anyway, I’ll give this a download when I get home

It’s rough around the edges, fun stuff like needing to quickly respond to some card an opponent played that you might not fully understand can occur, but after a game or 2 it makes sense.

This is a great 5 min summation of the rules and gameplay flow:

1 Like

Hard pass, even with the update. Reviews indicate ongoing problems.

What a shit-show. I’ll check back in two or three months.

I admire your self-control. I was all geared up to buy a hot GenCon release and I was really hoping for a surprise like Exodus Proxima Centauri, Through The Ages, or Smash Up. If any of those had released, I’d have waited in Legendary as well.

It is releases like this that make you appreciate how well executed the Playdek stuff or Digidiced stuff is

I agree. I also don’t get how a game like Ascension can play as well as it does for what, five years?, but deck builders released today can’t at least mimic the smoothness of the UI.

Response from the dev to my 1 star review in the app store:

“Solo Play is being re-worked completely to be true Solo Play. We’ll be increasing the turn timer in the short term until we can remove it altogether for solo. A full tutorial is in the plans.”