Eclipse is back!?

i donā€™t think so.
the ā€œproblemā€ is that anybody can join.
so when we want to play a game with SP friends itā€™s a good idea to start a game at a certain time.
at least it is no longer a death sentence when a random stranger should join.

good news: Sebastian Mellin from Brettspielwelt just answered to my email and says he likes the idea of password protected games and will take a close look on that option. very promising!

3 Likes

Iā€™m in. 1 spot left by the looks of it

great!
@KYakerDude, i have seen you in the lobby and hoped you would join too.
still one slot open.
@Mysterio? @irishdomer08? @Hardco? @Baelnor? @Mirefox (always ready to check out things)? @kennfusion? @Schlotzky? @JMH.75? our blogger @whovian223 (journalists have to check out things)? @js619? @Codington? @robthomasson? @zen4one? @Dave? anybody?

game has started! even notifications seem to work.

1 Like

You saw me lurking!?! Creepy.
I have no memory about how to play this game.

Darn just too late. Fingers crossed the game works now - report back :blush:

Hi Spice, i knew i had forgotten someone important to me in my notifications :man_facepalming:

oh, it feels so good to be back in Eclipse! the soundtrack! the vibe! the great graphics!
replays are working too. could just watch Kyakerā€™s move. zebraā€™s move now.
letā€™s see if he gets a notification.

1 Like

it was easy to get the game started by posting a timestamp.
why donā€™t we do it for SCYTHE too?

just an UI tip:
keep pressing down a fingertip on the empire icons in bottom-left corner to see the infrastructure of opponents (ship designs, technology, initiative etc).

but iā€™m puzzled if we had a log in the old days? and where is it possibly now?

Iā€™d do it for Scythe. In the past, whoever I okayed with here agreed on a time and we all set our alarms for it. Once the game was created everything worked well, though I wish there were turn replays instead of just a log.

Is Eclipse still iPad-only?

iā€™ve read something like ā€œfonts are too small on a phone displayā€ in the appstore reviews.
so it may be possible but not recommended.
but iā€™m not sure about it.

wow, so you have already played a game of async Scythe.
could it be finished? was it any fun?

1 Like

I have played a few async games of Scythe ā€¦ one with @Mirefox ā€¦ and enjoyed them all ā€¦ without exposing my potential ā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah, outside of setup it worked well. Scores were displayed and my only complaint, like I said, is lack of replays but thatā€™s not a game breaking thing. Just be prepared to see a changed game state and look through a log to determine why.

reminds me on TfMā€¦
but Eclipse on the other hand has very good replays :+1:

So, is it working?

Iā€™ve been playing a bunch of all-Terran games against the AI and Iā€™ve really forgotten how to handle the early game. AI is zooming around in dreadnaughts killing ancients while Iā€™m wondering where my actions have gone. No worries, Iā€™ll be ready for the next game :smiley:

The other UI thing Iā€™ve found which I definitely didnā€™t know is that a two-finger tap on the screen colours in the empiresā€™ borders, making ownership much easier to see than squinting at corners of hexes.

So far so good.

And that two finger tap tip is great, thanks!

1 Like

hahaha, so you havenā€™t looked into ā€œcontrolsā€?
itā€™s shown there.

How did your game of Eclips go?

Yes, I was wondering this. And if it worked, anyone want a game?

The games progressing well. The only issue is sometimes my online lobby list wonā€™t load properly. I force close the app and that lets me see the games most times.

Iā€™d be up for another game