Decathlon 2022 Preparation

Haha, 1776 was a hoot but I wouldn’t want to overcome its considerable limitations during a decathlon. Hell, even Wingspan and NH annoy me with their lack of badges.

1 Like

I really do put faith in what you guys say, but Among the Stars has one of the highest App Store ratings in the store for a board game. Is there a chance it’s been fixed? I’ll try it out with any two of you if anyone wants. We can quit midway through if it’s a mess.

I’m also looking to test out Gem Rush. I played it online once and it’s a really cool game but if I recall correctly notifications weren’t working.

Don’t remember AtS receiving an update since we last played, but I’ll be a guinea pig.

I’ve got an Among the Stars game set up called Decathlon Test. Password is SP (caps). 7 day turn timer. 3 players, so hopefully someone else wants to try it out.

1 Like

Joined the Among the Stars game… don’t have Gem Rush but will get it if needs be…

Will grab it as soon as I get home, 1h or so

Well this bodes poorly. My game still shows 1/3 spots filled…by only me…

Keeps telling me the password is incorrect

Ok, maybe I did something wrong.

The game is now “Decathlon Take Two”

Password is SP

1 Like

Well that’s just great, eh?

Perhaps this is confirmation that the game won’t work?

As far as I can tell, Among the Stars at least requires everyone to be online at the same to start the game. That’s a red card as far as I’m concerned… :frowning:

1 Like

That’s the worst! That absolutely kills Scythe.

i don’t think so. that wasn’t the problem when we last played.
just too many critical bugs.

btw some 1-star-ratings in the german appstore: “unplayable”, “many bugs” etc

Ok, I’m going for it… hopefully any remaining consternation can be alleviated by me saying I’m totally open to re-thinking the selection mechanism for the final 3 games and of course bringing back any of the games that don’t make it into the first 7 events for consideration.

Without further ado, let’s vote!

Action Choice
  • Wingspan
  • Race for the Galaxy
  • Roll for the Galaxy
  • Concordia
  • Root

0 voters

Economic
  • Through the Ages
  • Brass
  • Steam: Rails to Riches
  • Terraforming Mars
  • Puerto Rico

0 voters

Fighting
  • Evolution
  • Neuroshima Hex
  • Shards of Infinity
  • Cthulhu Realms
  • Star Realms

0 voters

Puzzle
  • Sagrada
  • Indian Summer
  • Railroad Ink
  • Tsuro
  • Patchwork

0 voters

Area Control
  • Small World
  • 8 Minute Empire
  • Fort Sumter
  • Twilight Struggle
  • Gaia Project

0 voters

Tile Placement
  • Dragon Castle
  • Castles of Burgundy
  • Isle of Skye
  • Yellow & Yangtze
  • Galaxy Trucker

0 voters

Worker Placement
  • Lords of Waterdeep
  • Viticulture
  • Istanbul
  • Raiders of the North Sea
  • Le Havre

0 voters

2 Likes

Looking for some feedback on Gaia Project since it is running away with the vote and I’ve heard the interface is not great…

@JMH.75 @JammaTal @Hardco - I see you are playing a game - do you think it passes muster for the Decathlon?

Kind of wondering how many people have actually played it and voted for it, versus voting for it because they want an excuse to play it… :wink:

Can I just say, i find it absolutely fascinating the games that are and are not getting votes.

We have a very diverse group of gamers, but there are definetly some favourites here!

1 Like

Gaia Project will definitely work for the Decathlon. But I think I am decent at Terra Mystica, and I don’t really know what is going on in Gaia Project. Granted, I forsook reading all the rules and just hoped my knowledge of Terra Mystica would be enough…

2 Likes

i’m not happy with the graphics and interface.
low res, many very small icons and dark screens, no ingame zoom in most screens
and no replays [edit: WRONG! there are replays in the game!]
but badges and notifications seem to work.

1 Like

Yes, it looks like we will have a couple of run off votes to follow again this year - no surprise but always interesting!