Cthulhu Realms Tournament

no no, Holsten lost 5 StarRealms finals before winning for the first time :grin:

he took all those losses with humor, i can say.
but well, losing 5 finals in a row means having reached 5 finals in a row.
so not too bad.
and yes, i’m sure you knew that quite well and were just kidding :smirk:

and i can confirm that Holst did not read SW rules nor a single card text (before playing), chose Fallen Kingdom just because he always liked to play the Undead in Heroes of Might & Magic 3, did not play the tutorial and went to battle with the standard deck :joy:
so he must have been just a lucky guy.

1 Like

halfvoid (26) over Zebracadabra (-16)

Tried to challenge Neep65 but the name wasn’t found.

It’s just Neep. Doesn’t allow numbers

Ah, forgot. Challenge sent to Neep.

Or maybe I am a genius? Thanks for not even considering this dad, you know me too well :joy:

Yeah good game thanks. I was lucky with some of the cards that came up, could easily have gone the other way.

Sorry for any confusion but antlers are locked and loaded now

1 Like

Okay, I know I may be a bit premature, but…I’m ready for the next tournament. Hopefully, a round robin!

is the match Neep vs halfvoid still running?
i wonder because it started 9 days ago.

Neep beat me several days ago. Can’t remember the score as it’s gone from my history now.

1 Like

Yeah thanks to @halfvoid for a hard fought game. Can’t remember the score either but it was pretty much yellow taking on purple as we both tried to build up some big hits

ok, i will report the winner on Challonge, with a 20-0 fantasy score.
score is not important at all in an elimination tourney anyway.

tourney is going on now with the match @Hardco vs @Neep65 (just Neep in CR)

game on (again)!

Hardco (49) over @Neep65 (-20)

I went green/purple, and got lucky with some early green matches, taking out Neep’s locations while still dealing damage. I set up a narrow deck with a lot of the purple “draw on abjure” cards, and Neep’s green couldn’t keep up.

1 Like

yeah well played Hardco, swift and emphatic victory! Thanks for the game

Hardco (11) over @geigerm (-2)

My green deck was limping along, chipping away at Geigerm while not taking advantage of cards like the Wheatley Brothers (or whatever they were called). Geigerm’s deck (yellow/green)was slowly coming together, hitting me hard in the last couple turns, but he was a few points of damage short…

Close match!

1 Like

Yup, very good game. I thought I might pull off the comeback but didn’t have enough in the end.

Hopefully I can get my revenge in our “King in Yellow” challenge game …

Hardco (44) over @jammatal (-6)

I can’t really remember what happened this match! But good game anyway!

no, not really.
i never came into that game.
you had good synergy right from the start.

no drama, no suspense. just a clear cut path (in fact a 6-lane city highway) to your victory.
no surprise that you can’t remember much. there simply was not much going on worth remembering.
absolutely my bad. could not put up a fight :pensive:

W00t, my first CR tournament win!

Intense final against hardco, I was a little scared as I was down to low 20 quite early in the game. But my combos worked like a charm. GG @Hardco

Nice work! I wasn’t scared for you… My deck failed to come together, and you getting the 2 abjure cards made for your deck to improve a lot faster than mine. In hindsight, I should have picked up the Kingsport Harbour first round, but I’ve found a lot of people undervalue it, and I hoped you would do the same.

Good game, and congrats on the win!

1 Like