Crying Suns FTL inspired roguelike

I thoroughly enjoyed this on iPad. The port is fine, the controls work well, and it delivers enough of the FTL experience that I think it’s an easy recommend for people who like FTL. In my opinion they delivered what I signed up for, and I got my money’s worth. It’s not as good as FTL, but that bar is very very high.

Now, to be overly critical. It’s not that difficult, with the exception of what I assume is the final fight. I don’t know because I’ve not beaten it and don’t feel like grinding another hour to try it for the 4th time. This probably wouldn’t be such an issue if the route to the fight was a bit more challenging before hitting the difficulty curve/cliff. I’m also not sure of the replayability once I’ve cracked that nut. There might be some surprises I don’t know about to encourage me to try again.

2 Likes

How about for somebody who couldn’t even come close to beating FTL? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since I suck at FTL I may be a good reference point. The micromanaging in FTL during a fight is my bane.

That isn’t the case in Crying Suns, at least for me. Some may call it boring since the actual decisions during combat are limited in comparison but that makes the game perfect for me. I haven’t beaten either of the games, but I am definitely going for it in Crying Suns while I have completely given up on FTL.

3 Likes

Is FTL turn based or real time? Probably should have asked before I bought it.

Real-time, but you can—and should—pause it to issue orders.

1 Like

Phew! Was about to regret that purchase, even at $2.49. I don’t like time limits. But that sort of system is right up my alley, very KotOR.

1 Like