Crying Suns FTL inspired roguelike

If only FTL would come over too. Or at least release on the Switch. Into the Breach is an all-time great for me and I want to try some more of their stuff. This looks like a good holdover, at least. That price, though…

FTL is on iPad only … it’s not universal. Would love to see that on Switch (and Into the Breach on mobile) …

Looking forward to diving into Crying Suns as soon as this awful work week ends …

1 Like

FTL is currently only $2.49 on Steam, if anyone other than me still does not have it. A fact I intend to rectify tonight at that price. This one, if it drops to $5 I will bite.

…Is iPad Pro (10,5 inches) considered being an old iPad now?
Yesterday it was ecaxtly 3 years old :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (iPad Pro second gen was released June 2017)

sniff I just held of devouring this game on pc and now this…

iPad Pro 10.5 can definitely run iOS 13- it’s what my wife has and it’s on the latest version. You can’t run the game on it?

I’m running crying suns on a 10.5 and it runs fine.

Also this is the second quality humble bundle published game in a week. Are they here to be the saviour of indie ports onto iOS?

I am on 13.5.1

It stops/freezes at the second Splashscreen “presented by Humble Bundle”

I redownloaded it…no difference…

Edit:
And now it seems to be delisted in the German App-Store…couldn’t find it via App store search. Re-Downloading it via “purchases” gives the same error…freezes at “presented by…”

Edit 2:
For those of you who have a working iPad version what does it do after that splash screen? Does it try to go online? [bugged connection] Or does something like Apples Gamecenter start [bugged gamecenter]?

It connects to the gamecenter

1 Like

So that may be a problem…thanks!

It certainly seems to be the problem.
Going to the"settings" of my ipad then to Game Center crashes the iPad Settings app :frowning:

Saw someone else on Twitter saying that it crashes after the Humble Bundle screen on their iPad Pro 10.5 running latest iOS too; dev says they’re not sure why but looking into it fwiw.

1 Like

If it was a couple of mins ago that was me (I hate twitter but it seems to get the most results)

I found the solution myself and a quick chat with the devs supported my claim/problem and the solution.

It is a crashed GameCenter app. I could not change / reset the GC settings on my iPad since the GC part of the settings crashes my Settings (or iPAD)

Some people might be lucky and get it via logging out of GC and back in. Some need to log out of AppleID on top (instead) of that.

Nothing worked for me. I had to go to the ultima ratio. FACTORY RESET!
nooooo

Since the crash somehow crashed my backup as well I had to go for the ultimate kill.

Aside note:
That I went to a full factory reset just to get this game to work should send quite the message;
YES the game is that good!

Redownloading now all the dozens of apps, hundreds of book and comics and about 30 GB of Music…

1 Like

I had a GC issue a couple of days ago and resetting all settings on my iPad–not a full factory reset–fixed the problem.

1 Like

Thanks I tried that as well, sorry forgot to mention it. It still crashed GC ;-(
It seems there are quite different levels of effin up GC.

Maybe since I am probaly the one person on this planet that hates GC the most got me the catastrophe-tier™ bug on GC while you’ve gotten away with disatser-tier™ GC bug

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

A patch for the GC issues is available at the App Store.

1 Like

Is there a way to zoom in on the battlefield? Sometimes it is difficult to see what’s going on, even on an iPad…

Not within the app, no.

Otherwise iOS has a built in zoom thingy you can try out. Settings > accessibility > zoom.
Will make playing the game fiddle but it can give you your zoom at say a double tap of the zoom button if you turn it on.

Can anyone report how playable this is on iPhone?

Playable, but not ideal, I guess? I much prefer it on iPad, obviously, but the phone is good for short doses when out and about.

2 Likes

Is it good on iPad? I’ve held off on buying it mostly due to being swamped with work and not wanting to buy another distraction–I’m plenty distracted as it is with all the games I already own.

I’m enjoying it a ton; probably my most played single player right now.

2 Likes