"Crown of Cthulhu" Challenge

Itā€™s most definitely not!

The only way a symbol goes away is if it drops off the right side. Whoever put together the newer line mistakenly left out my Bee.

I see what youā€™re saying but how did that become the rule? Seems strange.

I guess jamma invented the rule (a long time ago, in a galaxy far far awayā€¦). He told me you play by this rule in several threads (race for the galaxy? idk).
If I understood the rule wrong (as I dropped your bee), my deepest apology! :sweat_smile:

Itā€™s all in fun, so no apology is ever needed. If there was a change in the rule, I was certainly unaware of it and in any event, it seems/seemed illogical.

Clearly, the one takeaway is that @HolstenKnight rules. Period. Exclamation point!

1 Like

Hey, Iā€™m okay with whatever the rule actually is. Feel free to ignore my complaints.

1 Like

congrats to my unruly son @HolstenKnight for closing down a second Cthulhu challenge!

it was astounding to see how fast he could win this challenge after the restart.
starting with no beer on the line (but 6 Chicken and 4 Surfers) he won 18 games and lost only 3.
thatā€™s an amazing win ratio against strong players.
i donā€™t really like to say that, butā€¦there must be some deeper understanding at work :thinking:

there was only one other great and impressing achievement like this:
when @SleepingGiant managed to win the double-round-robin (16 players) Premier League for Race for the Galaxy and to run away with the RftG Challenge Trophy after nearly 3 years of tough competition.

1 Like

he won 18 games and lost only 3.

Which is by coincidence (or not) quite exactly my win ratio in ranked matches (74%). :sweat_smile:

Edit: oh my love with math is long gone, 18 out of 21 is even 86% :flushed:

Really close match, lucky draw for me in the last round. Could as well have ended the other way. GG @KYakerDude
:beer:
:crown: :beer:

NewChallenger @Zebracadabra

Challenger list:

@Hardco
@KYakerDude

I won against @Zebracadabra, in a match that felt very uncomfortable for both I guess. Nothing really worked out, it was a slow wrestle. After a loong time I was able to thin my deck and made it just in time. GG!

:beer:
:crown: :beer: :beer:

NewChallenger @Hardco

Challenger list:

@KYakerDude
@Zebracadabra

I thought the match was fun, even considering several very poor draws Mid-game, one of which was the worst possible draw with odds of only 1.75%. With some luck, I think I couldā€™ve won. As usual, @HolstenKnight was able to gain a tempo and despite being held back a few times by the King in Yellow, he had enough damage to prevail. I just didnā€™t have quite enough firepower. The last two turns, even if I had the perfect draw,I wouldā€™ve been one sanity short. Then again, that may be the story of my life.

Oh, and of course, GG!

Iā€™m overdue, @HolstenKnight. Be afraid, be very afraid. Lol.

1 Like

I got exhume cards for my first two buys, and @HolstenKnight got 1. If the game went a couple turns more, he might have had me, but my standard Purple/Green was too thin compared to his Yellow/Green. Good game!

:crown: :hatching_chick::beer: :beer:

NewChallenger @KYakerDude

Challenger list:

@Zebracadabra
@HolstenKnight

1 Like

A real unlucky start, so I needed to try to play the odds, still with no luck :laughing:. Well played, GG!

I was able to get some green exhume cards early on and @Hardco got some good locations. I managed to thin my deck in time. That last turn was a good one and I wasnā€™t sure if I had enough fire power to finish you off. Good game!

:crown: ::surfer::hatching_chick::beer: :beer:

NewChallenger @Zebracadabra

Challenger list:

@Zebracadabra
@HolstenKnight
@Hardco

Iā€™m not sure if I made the right decision letting you get than much exhume. I feel like with all my locations if I got one of the exhume cards Iā€™d have been in okay shape, but the writing was on the wall by midgame. Good game!

Conceded. This was ugly from the getgo, one of those games where nothing is going to go your way. Gg, @KYakerDude, hang on to the crown!

Leave me off the bottom for now. I need a break.

I can understand. The cards just seemed to go my way.

:crown: :surfer::surfer::hatching_chick::beer: :beer:

NewChallenger @HolstenKnight

Challenger list:

@Hardco

Did you challenge me by mistake? I think it goes to @HolstenKnight

No. I Cthulhu Realms set up an online match. It matched us up.
Iā€™m already playing with Holston.

Ahhhh, I was wondering. I had set up a match that had no response till this. Ok, Iā€™m in but Iā€™m still taking a rest after. Just need a bit of a break.

I won against @KYakerDude in a match I feel bad about, and am proud at the same time.
You were ahead by far, I already told @JammaTal: doh, I lost my second Cthulhu match in a row.

Until this one turn, where I was able to draw my hole deck, with still 6 follower and 1 goon! And the next turn againā€¦ that was ridiculous luck, all needed cards in the exactly correct order,ā€¦ twice :crazy_face:
On the other hand, I bought the cards for this one in a million chance, sacrificing a mi-go to buy the Necronomicon etc.
If I feel this far behind, I try crazy stuff, better to have a 1% chance to win, than a close but sure loss :man_shrugging:
Still sorry, you played exactly as I would, and you should have won in 99/100 matches,GG

:crown: :beer: :surfer::surfer::hatching_chick::beer: :beer:

NewChallenger @Hardco

Challenger list:
@KYakerDude

The challenger list is soo empty. :sweat:
I wouldnā€˜t mind to rest this thread again for awhile. But if you want, we can as well continue with 3 :man_shrugging: