Crowdfunding: Where Your Wallet Goes To Die

That’s the royal ‘we’.

Ah, ha.

Weird, I know my girlfriend got in the Skies Above the Reich P500, but she hasn’t gotten any email with a coupon.

Sale starts on the 16th IIRC.

Reflecting the complexity of the war, this is not just a simulation of military options. Because of the nature of the conflict, the players must contend with many factors including budgeting for operations, the recruitment of new forces, carefully balancing the development of infrastructure, and events they have no control over. A failure to strike a balance on any of these, could spell disaster later in the game. Do the Congolese and UN players forgo internal development and concentrate on a military objective to wipe out the armed groups in a series of crushing blows? Or do they concentrate their efforts on making political, economic, and security improvements to keep the armed groups from recruiting more members? Congolese and UN players must learn how to conduct military operations with civilians ever present on the battlefield. An accidental attack on civilians could mean the offending forces are taken off the battlefield and the armed groups using the tragedy to recruit more fighters. Do the armed groups strike out at the Congolese and UN forces to drive them from the battlefield, or do they capture the mines and poaching sites, using the wealth to build up their forces? Do the various armed groups decide the Congolese and UN forces are too strong and decide to bypass them and attack each other for control of the natural resources?

1 Like

https://t.co/RqC8hzjWdd

This game covers the French insurgency war against the FLN in Algeria during 1954-62. It is a conflict of great drama. It cost the lives of at least half a million Algerians, it brought the tumultuous exodus of one million French settlers from Algeria and it brought France itself to the brink of civil war. There are three distinct factions of this simulation, Political, Insurgency, and Miltary, which are brilliantly interwoven such that it is the balance of these three factions that is the key to victory. One player is the FLN who will have units of three qualities, Moussebilines, Moudjahidines, and Zonal Commandos. The other player is France who will have both regular and elite regiments of Infantry, Mechanized, Paratroop, and Foreign Legion troops.

One of the greatest deckbuilding co-ops of our time is getting more enemies.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/shadowrift/shadowrift-boomtown?

1 Like

Not really a P500. :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, I’m interested in that one. I just have the 2nd Edition base set, though. I missed the last Kickstarter by a couple of hours.

I haven’t been able to get the game to the table yet, but I’m really impressed by it in the solo teaching game that I did.

So I’m on the fence about the Kickstarter, but I’m keeping an eye on it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11606594/castle-itter-the-strangest-battle-of-wwii?

The Battle of Castle Itter was fought near the Austrian village of Itter on 5 May 1945, in the last days of the War in Europe during World War II. US soldiers joined forces with Wehrmacht infantrymen, an SS officer, an Austrian resistance fighter, and recently freed French prisoners of war to defend the castle against an attacking force from the 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division.

That’s some crazy shit. The book about this is definitely going on my list. The whole time I was reading the Wikipedia page I was thinking, “this would make an incredible Kelley’s Heroes-esque movie,” then I got to the bit about one just about to be released. I’m sure it will be extremely po-faced.

1 Like

NO COLLUSION.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/62517270/carnival-zombie-second-edition/description

I have so many P500 orders, it’s scary. Ok, maybe not as many as some, but still…

I can think of at least 5 right now.

I’ve had an item at Multi-Man Publishing on pre-order for over 4 years now, it’s at 362 of the 445 pre-orders needed. I ended up buying a copy off the BGG Marketplace last month. Thank goodness for the BGG Geek Market. :sunglasses:

I’ve seen so much Root enthusiasm on BGG that I was thinking of picking a copy up, but I saw where they were working on another expansion so I decided to wait for it to hit Kickstarter again, which it did this month: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2074786394/root-the-underworld-expansion

1 Like
4 Likes

I’m fairly new to the whole cult of TM, but color me intrigued. I may back it just for those player boards. The first time I played the game, the game’s owner had these clear acrylic trays that were built around the boards and they were really great. I like the Scythe-style boards in this Kickstarter.

I hate the flak TFM has got for not having dual-layer player boards when it didn’t have a Scythe-size kickstarter to fund them, and the fact so many other games have identical quality player boards (Rebellion for instance) yet don’t get the same amount of shit for it. Not turning my nose up at the upgrade, but it’s not what I’m backing for.

I’m not giving it flak as so far they’ve served me well. Trays that hold the cubes, especially the ones used as production indicators, are just a nice touch. I consider it more a way to “pimp” my game, rather than a necessary upgrade.

1 Like

Oh no, wasn’t talking about you, squire. It’s more the BGG crowd.

1 Like

BGG crowd talking shit? Say it ain’t so… /s

4 Likes

Cunts the lot of 'em, etc.