Civilization VI

It’ll go something like:

*Snottys scout has discovered your civilisation
*You have begun building walls in all your cities

2 Likes

@Mysterio, ready for takeoff.

had to subscribe to Community Quick User Interface on steamcommunity.
but no download button came up :man_shrugging:
automatically installed?

btw i could link the Steam version to my 2K account without any problem and got the promise to be able to switch devices during a game now :flushed:

1 Like

Sounds good!

Once you subscribe to a Steam Workshop mod, Steam will automatically install and update it. The MP game I create will have that mod enabled, so you shouldn’t have to do anything on your end when it’s your turn. For SP games, though, you can enable/disable it at will via the game’s associated menu.

@Mysterio,
yeah! thx for the detailed explanation.
have already seen the upgraded UI “in action” in a solo game.

so definitely ready for takeoff.
have searched for open internet games but coudn’t find any.
will we get invitations or a code?

And we’re off! Join Code is bOxq9.

My Game Modes testing essentially concluded that enabling three or more Game Modes resulted in the game not being displayed in the Play By Cloud screen (phantom game!). The only 2-mode combo that didn’t work was Barbarian + Shuffle, which is odd, since our current Steam MP game uses those two modes.

For this game, I chose Barbarian Clans and Zombie Defense, because the former really expands the roll of barbs and the latter will make life difficult for everyone. Yes, I’m e-vile. But, hey–at least the Tech and Civ trees won’t be a mystery!

BTW, it looks like the game counts the phantom created games against my max games allowed, so I had to cut testing short. I’m hoping they eventually time out!

Map Options

Ruleset: Gathering Storm
Start Era: Ancient
Game Speed: Online
Map: Fractal
All other settings: Everything/Standard/Balanced

Game Modes

Barbarian Clans
Zombie Defense

Victory Conditions

All enabled

Advanced Options

Default settings for all

Also…

• Players are required to choose Random Leader
  • Players are required to use the Stately Play Discord server (channel #civ-6-steam) for turn notifications (link to follow once game starts, if required)
  • Players are required to use the CQUI - Community Quick User Interface mod
  • Players are encouraged to take their turn within 12 hours of being notified via Discord that it’s their turn. Otherwise, at least give the other players a heads-up on the delay

The Six

1. Mysterio
  2. @kennfusion
  3. @js619
  4. abrandt (from Qt3)
  5. @Snotty128
  6. @JammaTal
2 Likes

Joined, h/t for setting it up again

1 Like

joined.
looking through the setup i noticed that i don’t own the zombie mode :flushed:
because i have purchased “only” the Platinum Edition and not the Anthology, so missing the Portugal DLC.

what a great opportunity for cheating. when i could play without rampaging hordes hunting me down :sunglasses:

but seriously: guess i must buy the Portugal DLC asap or the game can’t be started?

but when will it stop at last that i must invest more and more and more money??

Are you able to join the game using the Join Code? You said you had joined, so what’s the issue?

yup, could join and got the hook.

???

the checkmark :heavy_check_mark:

but a red flag in the setup menu as well: “content not owned!”
normally DLC content has positive effects, so the game may treat is as “let him play! missing the DLC content on his own peril.”
but in this special case it would be an unfair benefit.

Oh shit, I should probably read up on the Zombie mod, I have not played it yet. lol

(I had not noticed you had that on our list)

don’t know about it either; iirc it makes the barb’s more aggressive and numerous?

eta: I was wrong.

Let’s see if I’m able to start the game after @Snotty128 joins. If not, or if there’s an issue after starting, I’ll delete the game and we’ll discuss then.

On Steam, it looks like:

Platinum Edition: those who prefer SP and playing Scenarios
Anthology: those who prefer MP and want the New Frontier Pass content, which contains the new Game Modes

So you don’t own any of the New Frontier Pass content, correct?

yup, i’m on Platinum.
but for heaven’s sake would be ready to upgrade to Anthology.
Steam offers that possibility.
then i’d own all and everything CIV6 has to offer.

1 Like

Anyone else want to join @Mysterio, @js619 and me in a co-op team game against Emperor level AIs, with Apocalypse mode on?

This will be a Steam game, and you need to be on discord also.

1 Like

How did y’all go?

The co-op game was borked by the MP code, so we had to abandon it. However, our competitive iOS game is on turn 119, and our competitive Bar(barian)Zom(bie) (modes) game on PC is quite a ways along, as well.

Everyone’s been pretty good at taking their turns within 24 hours of being notified via Discord that it’s their turn.

1 Like