Battle of Polytopia going multiplayer

i have researched organization but nothing popped up.
no, there must be crop to develop a farm.
on a field you can grow forest.
you can burn the forest to get crop.
then you can build a farm.

you need to research hunting+forestry, archery+spiritualism, organization+farming and riding+free spirit+chivalry.
loong way to go if you start with just one forest on an island without sea harbor access.

Vengir Blitz. definitely. a central start would have been fine :expressionless:

i thought i had to level up my town to expand my sphere of influence.
researching sailing (ship, harbor, coast) or navigation (battleship, ocean) can do it?

Farmable land is usually hidden from the Vengir at the start, until they research Organization. So if you researched it, and none popped up that really is bad luck. I usually get at least one.

Part of the balancing for starting with one of the best units in the game.

so only “popping up” for the Vengir? very interesting. think i must read the Polytopia Wiki.
when i researched organization and farming i already had grown some forests, so only 1 or 2 fields left in that moment.

so i may have minimized my chances. that and bad bad luck in this game.
my plans to mimic the Dothraki were obsolete right from the start when i saw my starting position :slight_frown:

1 Like

@geigerm, you have timed out in two Polytopia games for some time now.
do you want to go on playing? or should i kick you?
no badges for Polytopia, only notifications.

Ugh, sorry about that. If I don’t play right away when I see the notification I tend to forget. Played those turns a minute ago.

I’m the same way - it sorely needs badges.

1 Like

I don’t understand why games don’t include badges. It can’t be hard to do, can it? The Acram games don’t have notifications, from what I remember, and it frequently kills the momentum on online games.

Agreed. My badges on Twilight Struggle never completely disappear for whatever reason, but at least it reminds me there may be a move hidden in there. I completely forget about Polytopia moves, especially when the banner is hidden fifteen scrolls down amidst my other notifications.

badges seem to be a(n) (over)complicated thing to manage.
not many games succeed.
apple’s GC to blame?
i remember a developer saying so.

@halfvoid, what has happened? a window came up telling me that you have left our 2P? at the beginning of an epic struggle :thinking:

the battle rages on vs the Bots. “your” Bot slowly gaining ground. i could eliminate the other. outcome still undecided. on knife’s edge.

Had to give up on all my polytopia games. Overcommitted.

what is happening? more and more players in more and more games are leaving!?

@js619, was our 3P too slow for your taste?
no problem at all, i just want to learn about the reasons.

i remember that many players always said they wished Polytopia would be multiplayer, and now?

I thought I was only playing against a bot! As soon as I completed my turn, I could see the Luxidoor moving, and then it was my turn again. Got tired of fighting the superior AI lol and resigned - had no idea you were still involved!

not only me. Snotty was active too.
btw congratulations to @Snotty128 for the win. i just resigned because the game was 110% decided :smirk:

we can see the “who is who and who is bot and who not” when tapping on the game in the opening menu.
that helps a lot.

No worries dude. I’ve not got the vengir but they seem an all or nothing kind of tribe. If you can expand fast you have a chance, but if you don’t you’re left with crap starting land.

I’ve joined the polytopia discord and it’s very active. I get the feeling that 1v1 on a large map is seen as a true test, as it evens out some of the randomness of your starting position. If anyone wants to play like this let me know or send me an invite.

I’d do a 1v1 - and I completely agree on the vengir. I’ve picked them more than once and had a tough go of it, more so than when purely playing the AI.

Do you have a link for that discord?

This should work https://discord.gg/uyD64Rn . I got to it through the app or website, but I don’t remember how.

Also Invite sent, meluian hills

1 Like

Saw the invite but it’s not showing up in my list of games…