Battle of Polytopia going multiplayer

Bit late, but here is my id: P44gXe8gcvolnVpy
Open for invites :grinning:

no, i can’t kick you. a message comes up telling me “Sorry, it is not your turn yet!”.
because the game has not been started (“Halfvoid can start the game”).

this game is stranded and will keep hanging around. no problem.

@halfvoid, the computer bot stomped over me in our “2P with a Bot” game too.

was it normal or hard? please don’t tell me it was easy :flushed:

It was crazy.

Seems like crazy is a lot stronger AI in multiplayer than single player.

yes, it was crazy indeed. Bot warriors suddenly coming from all sides, squashing me like a rotten tomato with a baseball club.

GG @halfvoid. I think I was lucky to get the jump on you there. I also have to comment that I didn’t choose the name for our next game, it was auto generated. I’m quite tickled by the idea of playing a round called ‘poooian tales’ and wish I had actually come up with it, but I can’t take credit

1 Like

@Snotty128, your turn to pick a tribe in Mysterious Hills. timer already expired.

I did see a rogue ‘mysterious hills’ invite but I already have a game called mysterious hills. There’s no second mysterious hills game with you on my list

mysterious indeed :smirk:
so i tried to kick you and it worked, sniff :cry:
so can double names become a problem?

I’d hope they weren’t stored as a string instead of a unique game number on the server.

Bummer! That looked like it was going to be a good game

who would be ready to play a fast game with 4-5 moves per day?

1 Like

I’m in, @JammaTal. Pacing of the mp hasn’t been up to my liking so far, especially for a game like this that lives on my iPhone.

yup, and the turns are so short that they can be done in no time and between.

anybody else for a fast game?

I’ve played a few medium size might victory games and the end game provides a good chunk of interesting decisions. Perhaps with a large map and 2 players that end game would be greatly extended

I’m guessing this game is going to be faster than you hoped. As we haven’t met yet I can only assume youre on an island, and on an impoverished vengir island at that. I’ll grab a screenshot when we are done to show the starting position imbalance.

absolutely isolated! on an island but no access to water (except to a small lake). only one forest. hopeless.
i had to develop forestry for improving my city, but with 4 stars income each development takes ages.
bummer :unamused:
i found a giant in ancient ruins but no way to exploit my military might in early game. now it’s too late.
ready to resign.

only way to transform fields into farms is to plant forests to burn them down?
long way to develop three different tech trees.

If you research farming, a field might pop up? I forget if you see them beforehand or not… or research ports, that’ll grow you two at least for that little square?

@js619 is correct. Research Organization and a farmable field might pop up @JammaTal

I’m happy to start over if you like, it’s your call. That is a really rough start, isolated with no port. I’m not sure how I would get out of that myself. I do wonder if there’s any farms there though. I assume the vengir rely on an early blitz to steal arable land from others.