Battle of Polytopia going multiplayer

Originally published at: http://statelyplay.com/2018/01/16/battle-of-polytopia-going-multiplayer/

iOS Universal, Android •

The end of every game of Battle of Polytopia is an exercise in building self-esteem. I finish each game feeling great about how I did and then see my score is several hundred thousand points behind anyone on the leaderboards. Hooray for me! The only thing that would be more gut wrenching would be your friends personally crushing you in-game. That’s what we have to look forward to as Battle of Polytopia gets updated with multiplayer in February.

We don’t have a lot of info about the upcoming multiplayer mode, just this:

We also don’t know if it will be an update to the existing title or an entirely new app. The wording “Multiplayer of Polytopia” could just be a play on what we already have, or it could be a completely separate thing altogether. A good journalist would find these things out, but I prefer to think of myself as an influencer.

If you’re not aware, Battle of Polytopia is a brilliant little 4X game that puts a simple, yet deep, game of Civ in your pocket. It has a gaggle of units, a tech-tree to manage, and a world to explore. The difference is, the world is small and your time is short. Solo games are only 30 turns and you’re trying to get the best score possible in that tiny timeframe. Will multiplayer games be scored with a time limit, or will they be of the Domination style game, where last cube standing wins? Only time, or a talented journalist, could get these secrets from Midjiwan. I’ll stick with time.

https://youtu.be/TkOfTkPy1Es
7 Likes

I repeatedly smashed the “like” heart but I didn’t register as 20 likes.

2 Likes

This is a huge problem for me. I had to delete Polytopia long ago because it was too addictive.

1 Like

multiplayer update is live.

add me as friend. code: QNm4l40FalL4pwoI

It uses codes? And they are that long?

no problem. just one tap to copy. then paste it.

Is it asynch or live games?

Haven’t tried yet, but pretty sure async.

Player ID: oe5AuDBtKH8v5NzD

(after I updated, my player ID changed)

Add me in: MsMxRW46f2ahJ1KK

For whatever reason, neither of your codes are working for me.

Unless it’s a case of me being on the beta channel build on Android.

I’m a79H0h0ZTfA9vLHT

Was able to add @athros and @JammaTal but it says @halfvoid has an invalid code?

Same for me. I got @JammaTal and @js619 but it’s saying the code is invalid for @halfvoid

I am gGuuXU9uP5wIlBcJ

Halfvoids code didn’t work for me either

My code changed after I updated, guessing this new one will work.

ID: oe5AuDBtKH8v5NzD

confirmative :blush:

2 Likes

Got @halfvoid too. As an aside, is it really necessary for the keyboard to pop up when adding a friend? Are there really people entering those codes manually lol?

1 Like

Completely async. 24 hour turn timer, and if you’re late the game says you get the boot. No way to change the timer it seems.

Who’s running the first tournament?

1 Like

I can’t get going with multiplayer–the game repeatedly says I’m not logged into Game Center (I am) and forces me to restore my purchases every time I start it. Gonna have to contact Midjiwan and see if they can help me out.

Looks like it updated again this afternoon on iOS to address some mp issues.