Age of Rivals comes to mobile this week

If theres space in the empire I would love a slot please. I’m in another mostly inactive empire at the moment

@Snotty128 what’s your ingame name?

I should be Snotty128 in game. Ive left my empire now because I was the only one active

I got 750 gold from the end of month ranking, which Im quite happy with! That was for being rank 3: realm level.

Sent it. You’re in. I dropped KYaker because he said he wanted out.

1 Like

If there’s any spots left I’d love to join up. I’m halfvoid in game as well.

I’ll hop on that waiting list too after @halfvoid, Stately Play empire! Meanwhile I’m still happy being a Ronin. @MisterMentat Seems like the later card goes first if they are not simultaneous?

@halfvoid I keep trying to add you because someone left, but I can’t seem to get halfvoid to work. I wonder if it’s case sensitive. Hmm, I guess it was. I sent it.

@SleepingGiant I’m thinking about booting one or two of the people who I don’t think have been playing. I just need to pay more attention to make sure I’m not just imagining it.

In other news, I only have 3 cards left to unlock. I wonder how much gold I’ll accrue before they add something else to do with it.

I’ve unlocked everything on my end… now to figure out a strategy lol

@MisterMentat Glad to help you get your daily “win vs. anyone” this morning …:unamused:

It was interesting to see that the matchmaking algorithm doesn’t prevent battles between players in the same empire, though.

1 Like

Haha, I didn’t even see the name. I’m sorry. I think I beat you pretty bad too. Don’t worry, I got trounced right after that too.

No worries, I won my next one. Our match went bad from the beginning for me. I misclicked and bought Ramparts instead of a second resource on my second turn, and my deck was no match for yours regardless of that mistake.

I find the Fortified cards to be relatively useless most of the time unless you need to block Onagers. I also don’t play a lot of Holy or Underworld cards. Maybe that’s just based on the rivals I’ve been using.

Think I might have already been in another Empire when you sent that.

Left the one that I was in, but I don’t see any invites.

Is there some kind of hidden rule about how resource cards are shuffled in? It seems to me that they there are almost always at least 3-4 in the first draw, split between both players, while they show up much less frequently later in the game.

Some cards only show up at certain points in the game. Look near the bottom of the card for the diamonds and half diamonds. Each diamond represents a round. The card may show up or not in each half-round.

Ah, awesome! I was wondering what those diamonds meant (and clearly never referenced the rules).

Thanks!

Random comment: Hero’s Tomb (after war, ruin allied infantry to gain 5 culture) + The Undying (infantry that gains shield preventing it from being knocked out) makes for a fun combo.

I had my shock troopers special ability blocked the other day, so they didnt die at the end of the round as per normal. Not game breaking, but it did make me chuckle

Sometimes I hate that a building’s ability is randomized. Like when you have something that will permanently block an enemy building, and you see a building that is going to wreak havoc with your city at the end of the round, and instead it blocks some lame-ass Horse Trader or something.

I don’t hate the RNG in this game because it amounts to nothing more than shuffling 8 cards or rolling a d8.

Yea, if a card is selected to appear in a round, it won’t get selected again until the last round. So there’s really not a ton of randomness.