Age of Rivals comes to mobile this week

Alright, will pop in. I game name is Belg.

Hmm, can see a qt3 group, but not youra

Sent you an invite.

How’s this for a progression?

• Game 1: Tie. A freaking tie.
  • Game 2: Solid win
  • Game 3: Score 100, win by like 50

Clearly, I am some sort of savant at this game. I might just retire now.

I’m with @Baelnor. Some games it clicks and I rock it. Others I have no idea what went wrong and want to forfeit by the third round…

@Baelnor @js619 I’ve started to notice that I feel that way when I don’t get a couple of good economy cards in the first few cards. Discounts can add up a lot, and giving your opponent tax money can be devastating even though it is sometimes easy to overlook. I mean, if you get a resource on the first turn and only use it two times a round that gives you net 11 plus gold (8 from discounts, and 3 from round income). That’s a ton, in fact it’s roughly equivalent to a modest round income spread throughout the game. That’s ignoring the tax your opponent lost because they don’t own it, cards with double discounts, and the fact that you’ll probably get that discount more than 2 times a round.

I tried to go really heavy military for a while, but that frees up a lot of the holy type cards that usually come with big point values for my opponent. When it works, it’s crushing. I haven’t ironed out the kinks yet though.

Oh, and in case you weren’t aware, resources are associated with certain card types. If you go to the cards screen, the top banner will tell you the primary resource of that type. I missed this for a long time.

@TheDukester Your time will come. You will hit the, “I’m hot shit now” slump, and it will be infuriating.

2 Likes

Sorry, guys. Played 5 games today to get the 200 gold bonus, but lost all 5.

The last one I had a horrible time. One age, I had all 8 cards knocked out.

I ended with 15 points. :scream:

So I didn’t contribute to the empire at all.

I’m pretty hooked on this game now. There are endless details, but nobody is expected to know all the details. And I can learn more details each quick game. I’m still wondering whether battering ram knocks out trenches before the war or vice-versa, pretty sure I have seen both happen.

The order or resolution is based on the slot the card was played in. However if two cards are both in the same slot, they are considered to happen simultaneously. If two cards will resolve simultaneously, the game determines the order randomly. So, one time trenches could fire first, another time battering ram could. You probably have seen it both ways.

Soooooo glad the developers made sure that emotes are included.

Because, really, what game ISN’T better with complete strangers being total douchebags?

Gamers, amirite?

Haven’t seen anything more than “good luck” on start actually.
Slowly unlocking the things…

Pulled out a 49-48 victory right before going to bed!

I have done my part for the Empire.

So, the ranking system is volatile. Lost two games and went from tier 3 to tier 5…

Think I am going to ignore rankings…

The ranking system is really basic. The developer said it’s based on wins minus losses. I think it just sorts based on your +/-.

They said that they’re thinking about doing Elo, but I don’t know how long ago that was.

It’s best to ignore it. I was everywhere from top percentage to bottom 35% yesterday.

Where are you guys seeing your rankings in the app? All I see is the Empire standings…

It’s in the empire screen, but it’s your rank. Just as those quests are your quests, not the empires.

Ah, gotcha. Wasn’t sure if that was the empire or myself.

Discovered two things today - if you or your opponent lose the connection, you get a minute to reconnect. Good to know for when my phone rings and I lose data.

Also, you can apparently end the game with negative culture points, as I forced an opponent to do.

1 Like

I’ve done that to myself in a game. Bought far too many of the :skull: units. My opponent still ended up in the positives, even though I managed to destroy every card in their final city.

I tried to help our empire today, but only was able to play 3 games.

A 1-point loss on gold left over, a tie, and a 2-point loss based on gold left over.

Sigh

Not sure why, but this game just is not doing it for me. If you need space in the Empire, I volunteer to be removed. I’m not sure how often I’ll play going forward.

1 Like