2nd StatelyPlay Castles of Burgundy Championship

Good game both. @robthomasson maintained a clear lead and @geigerm came so close to taking second place in the last round. 4 workers and a field of 3 chickens was the margin in the end.

1 Like

had been an understatement, as you have won the Decathlon table in great style recently.

and always a loss for a tournament when a good player must take his leave.
but congrats to robthomasson and SpiceTheCat for going into the next round.
what a close fight between Spice and geigerm!

congrats to zen4one and js619 for the same achievement!

2 Likes

Congrats and great game to both of you @robthomasson @SpiceTheCat. I took way too much time building my engine and couldn’t make up the gap I left for myself. Sometimes I forget that covering areas earlier in the game earns you more points!

EDIT: Also, if anyone who’s also been knocked out wants to play a “consolation” game, let me know!

1 Like

I’m in. Good luck to everyone moving on in the tournament. We’ll sit back with some beer and pretzels and practice for the Decathlon. :+1:t2:

I’m only just finally understanding the mechanics so the idea of building an engine that @geigerm mentions is completely foreign to me. Right now my main strategy is to try and fill regions first to get more points…that’s about the extent of my abilities.

Good game. Very close at the end. @HostileApostle @whovian223. @JaneHatke
It was whovian 196 pts, jason 189 pts before final scoring, then I got 29 pts in final scoring (whovian got 21). My knowledge tile for “3 pts for every different type of goods sold” really helped.

2 Likes

Nice win, Jason!

Good game all!

2 Likes

Good game!

I’ve got a handle on the mechanics now, but clearly not on the strategy. I jumped out to a pretty big early lead and then just fizzled out. Simone earlier mentioned getting en engine going and I had absolutely none of that. I guess trying to fill areas first and trying to collect the same kind of animal can only get you so far.

Table 4 result

This seems like a better score than I’d usually get. I’m not sure if it can be wholly attributed to getting 2 Mines on the first turn, but it didn’t hurt. Good game all!

GG! My first few turns were horrible rolls for what was on the table, really put me behind in scoring.

GG all!
PIgs in the last round bumped me into third.

Gg!

Super close game - picked up about 40 points in the last action but it wasn’t enough!

Well done @JammaTal!

GG! what a great game that was!
for most of the game i had to face the fact to go out of the tournament, trailing far behind.
such a strong fight in the very first round.

we’re done with the first round.
next tables are:

Table A
@Hardco
@robthomasson
@Baelnor
@js619

Table B
@JammaTal
@whovian223
@Codington
@SpiceTheCat

Table C
@jason1002
@JMH.75
@irishdomer08
@zen4one

the first two players from each table will go to two 3P semifinal tables.
good luck and have fun!

and this time let’s play random identical maps

1 Like

@Baelnor, I’m just waiting on you to accept a friend request.

Hmm, cant seem to see it. Have i accepted?

I searched for your name and it looks like we aee connected?

I may have cancelled and then tried to add you…

I’m not seeing an invite and I’m still waiting for mine to be accepted. @js619 and @robthomasson, can either of you start the game with all of us?