Since @TheDukester revived ye olde Ascension Tournament tradition, it might be my time now to revive ye olde Star Realms Tournament tradition…
The “Only 10 months late new Star Realms expansion called FRONTIERS released Tournament”
For people not in the know, Star Realms is a fun Deck Building game set in space (Spaceship go PEWPEW) not unlike Ascension. Its ruleset is tighter and easier to understand than later Ascension Expansions (in my opinion at least). Also, it is more “aggressive” than Ascension since you do not win by point value at the end but reducing the HP of the Opponent to zero.
It offers cross-play between iOS/Android/Steam!
And also not that expensive to get into it. The Core SET should be even free (no multiplayer and other stuff) on those platforms for interested parties who want to try it out first for free (against AI).
Trying to ping interest in such endeavors here.
As of this moment, there are 3 Base Sets in the App and several small expansions.
- Core Set (and Gambits/Promos1/Bases/Events/Heroes/Fleets)
- Colony Wars (and Cosmic/Promos2/Command/Heroes/Assault/Missions)
- Frontiers (and Stellar Allies)
For convenience sake the tournament will only include the FRONTIERS set, no promos or mini-expansions.
If interested please leave your Star Realms User name down below.
- Either way, I will start the tournament Saturday 25/4/2020 at the EARLIEST to give new players the chance to familiarize themselves with the game first. It may be a couple of days later depending on how things are moving here.
- Also, note that you simply MUST make a move every 48 hours at least or you will be kicked by the game automatically since the timer works a bit different than the Ascension timer (no overall timer but a “per round” timer of 48 hours per player).
- Also this will be a FRONTIERS set tournament, so please purchase that FRONTIERS set if not already done so
Bonus question for PT/SP tournament veterans:
Since @TheDukester did all the backend work in his Tournament in challonge himself, is this your preferred way of proceeding (is using challonge a PITA for you) or do you want the usual Challonge Tournament set up so you could report your standings directly there?