Yes, Warhammer Quest 2 is coming in October, we asked Perchang to fill us in on the details

Launch trailer.

So I just played just long enough to get the 3rd hero last night. I think the only thing that confuses me is why are there IAP heroes? I don’t have a problem with it, but don’t understand why? I have 3 heroes now, I assume I get a 4th soon. Are the 3 IAP heroes better? Stronger? Easier to play? OP? I assume the game is balanced for the party you get in the game without IAP?

2 Likes

Mwhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah that is BRILLIANT!!!

Game is perfectly balanced no matter what you use.
The new character are just different…many are already asking for playable ogres, I asked a Bretonnia knight myself,etc…
It really depends on what ou want to play, but feel free to ignore them.

I’ve completed the game and I used many different parties:

2 Empire captains, glade elf, Dark Elf sorceress

4 glade elves

2 loremasters and 2 Dark Elf soreceress (awesome but difficult)

All dwarves…

Etc…

You can really do what you wish, and you can really personalize your team as much as you want.

I had awesome elven archers, or a super fast melee glade elf that could deathblow everyone and insta kill a stone troll.
Or a dark sorceress that could kill a Minotaur with a single dagger strike.

You will see, items and skills add a ton to the game.

1 Like

I assume they are just different, kind of like first game.

Do you all play with injured warriors? Or once they suffer an injury like -1 stat, just bench them?

I play with theme for two reasons: one, when it comes to RPGs I really like the character-building element so it is difficult for me to bench heroes I’ve invested in; two, you can remove injuries so unless they are so injured that they drag the team down, I like to continue to grow the character so they aren’t too far behind once healed.

1 Like

Ok, I had not got that far in, just the 2nd town quest and was wiped hard right away with all my team with injuries. I am going to start over and see if I missed some development or something.

This is on of those games where I am wondering how I can be so dumb, because I must be missing something obvious. After you do the Bloody Water quest from Carroburg, the games has you walk over to Barnenfahre for the Cryptic quest. But I just get wiped out in that one. Those guys all stun and your guys die at the end of the turn if you can’t heal them. It seems kind of harsh considering at this point you have done only one story quest and a travel quest or two.

I didn’t experience stuns at all in that one! I’ve had a guy or two knocked down but haven’t experienced a total wipe, knock wood.

Edit: should’ve kept my fat yap shut… just wiped badly in a white dungeon. Also, patch is out. Hopefully it fixes the crashes.

Edit2: seems to have fixed my crashing issues for now

3 attempts at that Cryptic quest now have resulted in total wipe with 3 different teams. I am really upset at my purchase now and that I bought some of the DLC. What a waste of money. At least I get the satisfaction of a 1 star review.

Do you have sufficient equipment? Can you grind out other quests to get stronger? I haven’t had your experience, so I don’t know exactly what’s going on, but my experience with RPGs is that if you hit a roadblock, you grind and equip until you are strong enough to get through it.

Does anyone know how level up bonuses work? I know they are random at any given level, but will the same bonuses be distributed amongst the ten levels (that’s the cap, right?)? Does my question make sense? In other words, while a level 2 sorceress may have +1 INT while another has an additional inventory slot, by the time the same two sorceresses are level 10, will their stats through leveling be the same?

I don’t think so, although I have nothing other than intuition to point at for that answer. I found a level 6 sorceress in a random dungeon and she’s significantly different than my level 1.

I’ve only completed the tutorial.

Does that mean I’m not one of the Kool Kids? :worried:

No rush! I actually started my game over, as is usual with me and RPGs. I also tend to grind a lot and never seem to advance the actual story all that quickly. That’s just how I play most RPGs.

1 Like

Me either–don’t feel bad. I had just enough time to do that on release day before work and parenthood got in the way of fun.

There is no cap (at least I had some chars up to level 14).
I’ve completed the game and expansion at level 6.

I think levelling up is similar to what @Mirefox imagined.
It’s random but not so random…different sorceress can have different stats, slot and AP by level 10 but it’s somewhat mitigated but some background modifications (which I don’t know).

And I have the crash-after-the-unskippable-scrolling-text-intro bug, so well done all,of you who’ve managed to play the game thus far. Also the teenage-boy fanservice is, uh, outstanding.