WTF happened to...? Or, it’s vapourware man, let it go

I would kill for a port or remake of Chaos Overlords to mobile.

https://www.gog.com/game/chaos_overlords

Mika Mobile just announced that Battleheart 2 will release on iOS on July 12 with an Android version shortly after.

2 Likes

Very happy to be proven wrong (again) :blush:

I just saw a Kickstarter ad for the new version of BattleCON and that reminded me - wasn’t there supposed to be a new BattleCON app in the works to replace the now-dead app?

When I saw this thread, this was what I was going to post about if no one else had. The premise doesn’t sound quite as good now as it did when I first saw it all those years ago, but still, a new SRPG from the master himself. That really would have been something.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m looking forward to playing the full game. I still have access to the itch.io build and keep thinking I should fire it up, but I don’t want to get turned off by an incomplete game again. It’s obviously a lot closer to done than it was when I first bought it.

Good to know.

Looking back, I note that Exodus:Proxima Centauri is still delayed with no eta or update of the website. Hey ho.

In the meantime, now at stage 1 or 2 for Mi-Clos to bring Sigma Theory to mobile…

2 Likes

What is our time limit, here? How long does a developer have to fulfill their promise before we start to worry?

And has anyone heard any news about Magic: The Gathering Arena for mobile? I personally like it better than any of the other CCGs that seem to pop up left and right.

New year, new scope for disappointment.

Exodus: Proxima Centauri - remember when an authoritative source, Dave, reported that that it was totally coming out in December? December 2018, that is. Dave.

Sigma Theory - promising spy game from Mi-Clos? Yeah, all mentions of iOS scrubbed from the website. Reviews of the PC version were fairly mediocre though, so eh.

Mind you, given what a clunker Overland turned out to be, anticipating new games is clearly a fools errand. /slow learner.

2 Likes

Yessir… I know digital Labyrinth is in beta on PC, but no word on that or the iOS version, which were supposed to release in 2019.

Digital Tash-Kalar too - been silent on that front for about two years now.

< disappointed sigh >

3 Likes

Exodus: Proxima Centauri, or at least Offworld Games, is dead: https://steamcommunity.com/games/892440/announcements/detail/1693848448253082843

Eh. It is kind of like when your dad’s great aunt passes away. You forgot she existed and give your most superficial condolences…

3 Likes

Was there supposed to be a new version of BattleCON for iOS? I’m sad that the old one is gone from my library; I always wanted to give that game a little more time. I could have sworn I had heard about a new version being worked on, but nothing for ages.

Only 3 years, 3 months, and 23 days after the announced release!

No longer vapourware.

But I may no longer be interested. What would have once been an instabuy is now a wait and see how I feel.

3 Likes

Not to mention that 3 years ago the market was a bit different and board games were not releasing at $10.

i have played many games in the beta and had lots of fun.
it’s a great game no matter how “old”.
i never liked 3P or 4P games in Race for the Galaxy too much, but
Roll is very well suited for MP games.

hasn’t yet arrived in european appstores :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I was in the beta, and … hated it.

I’ll need someone to explain Roll to me. I literally (and this is the correct usage of “literally”) had no idea what was going on. Just utterly lost.

And I like Race quite a bit. So, go figure.

1 Like

I watched a couple of YT “how to plays” and read through the rules book in the game. Got to terms with it within a couple of plays there after. There’s intricacies for sure but if I can do it, you can too. And it’s a great game thereafter.

I remember @Strangiato quipping that they were going to delay the release of Labyrinth: The War on Terror for mobile a bit so that they didn’t have to compete with the release of the PS5.

Now it’s a coin flip to guess which one I’ll ever see first…