Where's the best place to post about an upcoming game?

Hi gents and ladies,

Sorry if I asked this earlier but I’m not sure where I can create a thread about my upcoming game. Is it okay to create a thread about it in the uncategorized forum section or should it be in press release or is it not allowed at all?

There is a topic called Stately Citizen Journalism where we tend to post news about upcoming games or sales, but I don’t know that anyone would mind a game announcement topic, though I’ll let other weigh in on that.

Cool, I’ll put up a thread and hopefully no one is bothered by it.

If you want to put up a full press release, Press Releases is obviously designed for that. If the Citizen Journalism thread gets bogged down with self-promotion, I’ll ask that we avoid such posts there, but I think, for now, it should be fine.

But this is one of those cases in which the judge might be swayed, not merely by the long-term precedent and principle of the thing, but by the particular outcome desired in this case. Which is to say, that sounds very good, and I want to hear more. :slight_smile:

Cool … thanks. Last thing I want to do is spam the forum or post inappropriately. But I think the game is the kind of thing that most here will want to hear about.

1 Like