What are you playing?

I pre-ordered wingspan, so that will arive in the next few days I assume Gonna give that game a try with my wife.

Started boardgaming with a friend a few months ago. Playing some Hive and Tak. That was replaced with 7 Wonders: Duel and we started with Pandemic Legacy.
Played 2 games last week for the first time (non-legacy) and yesterday we played and won the first month.

And I need to find some time for spirit island, but that can wait. Or perhaps a solo game this week?

Also interested in FFGā€™s Journeys in Middle Earth which will be released around June. But with this backlog I can wait and read some reviews first.

So, I am officially addicted to boardgaming nowā€¦

2 Likes

Played Basketball after work this week. Didnā€™t do too bad, but my netball skills were clearly obvious.

Two days later and my entire body is aching from muscles I never use.

3 Likes

Wingspan is very much an awesome game.

I really enjoyed it (a friendā€™s copy, not mine)

2 Likes

Iā€™ll give another big thumbs up for wingspan. Iā€™ve played a handful of games each at solo, 2p, and 4p. Weā€™ve loved it. Beautiful on the table and fun gameplay.

2 Likes

ā€œBasketballā€? Please link, I canā€™t find that game on BGGā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

OldHoops

1 Like

Couple more screenshots, including the cockpit if you were curious:

And the manual, if youā€™re interested: http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/index.html

3 Likes

we have come a long way from my favourite ā€œflying airplanesā€™n shitā€ game

Blue%20max

4 Likes

And some of us are older than that, even : )

4 Likes

And some even older than that! hqdefault

4 Likes

If you squint just right you can almost see the planeā€¦

1 Like

Ooh, my favorite game, Dueling Transmissions!

1 Like

Man, I canā€™t stop with these:

3 Likes

Has anyone played War Across the World on iOS? Any impressions? I was stymied by Carrier Battles, so my war gaming ability is pretty low, so keep that in mind. Itā€™s on sale for .99 for basically the tutorial map, but if the game is decent I may pick it up.

Iā€™m playing through Darksiders on the Switch right now and it is reminding me how much I like linear and/or Metroidvania games with good set pieces. Other than Zelda, which captivated me, I canā€™t think of an open world game that draws me in all that much, and the irony is that I love exploration in games. But funnel me down a storyline with cool sets and I am happy. It brings back the excitement I remember from games like God of War, Uncharted, and Devil May Cry.

2 Likes

Anyone played the latest kingdom rush game? If so, any good? I havenā€™t played one of their in ages, but I do enjoy the odd tower defence now and the

Iā€™ve dabbled. Itā€™s as good as the others but doesnā€™t feel drastically different. If you like the first three and want more, youā€™ll enjoy it. If you like the series but want something a little different, Iron Marines is quite fun.

Finally fired up Rebel, Inc. Fun new take on Plague, Inc. but pretty much the same formula. Not a bad time waster on the phone while at lacrosse practice though.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know if Iā€™m an idiot or a sucker or what, because I should really know better, but Iā€™m seriously considering giving the newly-released Durango: Wild Lands (iOS) a shot. It claims to be a crafting/survival/MMORPGā€¦and its loaded with dinosaurs. Iā€™m sure itā€™s also loaded with timers and different currencies and Iā€™ll probably be disappointed.

1 Like

Butā€¦dinosaurs!

If you try it, please let us know if itā€™s what you (and we) expect.

1 Like