Very Advance Wars - Warborn Mecha TBS Enroute

Originally published at: https://statelyplay.com/2018/11/29/very-advance-wars-warborn-mecha-tbs-enroute/

PC/Mac •

Deemed the great moral challenge of our time and discussed at length during summits the world over; the lack of modern mech-based tactics games is reaching a tipping point. The last true Front Mission was released in the mid-Oughts. Do people even remember CyberStorm? I’d love to count the Super Robot Wars titles, but they’re niche and chibi and aesthetically repugnant. Don’t @ me, friends. I’m being cruel to be kind. There is an undeniable, intractable vacuum.

Warborn, however, is stepping up.

Warborn is a turn-based strategy game in which players take command of a mecha strike force and deploy them in tense tactical battles as war grips the solar system.

Fight through a range of combat scenarios in a full single player campaign or battle for glory in 1vs1 online multiplayer.

- DEPLOY -
Choose from a wide range of units with different skills and combat roles. Expand your forces by calling in reinforcements from orbital dropships.

- ADVANCE -
Use terrain properties to your advantage and make tactical decisions when positioning your forces. Capture structures to obtain additional deployment sites and resources.

- FIGHT -
Engage the enemy with various attack options. Inflict status effects, plant traps and support allies using unique unit skills.

- COMMAND -
Take command as one of four different commanders. Each has a powerful personal mecha and abilities geared towards a particular play style.

[Editor’s Note: I think Alex fell asleep at this point as this is all I got. Normally, I’d ask him if he wanted to add anything but, then I realized, 85% of Alex is 100% better than just about anyone else, so we’ll just leave it as-is. -ed.]

https://youtu.be/0tSH2yX0xfg
1 Like

I do remember Cyberstorm. It was brutally hard. I liked all the different characters including the brain in a jar.

Indeed! Great game. Did you catch this story, if nostalgic curiosity takes its toll?

Apologies for both the lack of hotlinking and for falling asleep beneath the scrivener’s yoke.

EDIT: Whaddya know, it auto-hotlinked. Hooray!

For this paragraph alone…can I marry you?

…on second thought…I see myself out on my own, thankyouverymuch…

1 Like