Treasure Hunter by Richard Garfield

Just found this on Google Play and the App Store. 5 rounds of hand drafting and take-that style play, hunting for treasures, fighting off goblins, and trying to come out on top with the most loot at the end of 5 rounds.

Was a little sluggish on my LG G3 android phone, so I refunded and will probably pick it up for my iPad Mini instead, but the reviews on both stores mention crashes on boot. Haven’t tried out online yet, but the AI was quite good to play against single player.

Two IAPs for a set of 6 additional goblins, and another with several new cards of each type.

1 Like

I’m interested in this as well, but I would like to know more, I’m already pretty full between Pathfinder, Sentinels and Elder Sign (a mainstay since forever).
Impressions on NeoGAF and board geek games are (very) positive, but I wonder why the AppStore video has no sounds and if multi is async (seems not because apparently they use an online german service but I read active games in one screenshots, and I assumed it meant concurrent).
I like the style very much, and according to the real boardgame reviews seems like a fast game that could be great in digital form.

I’m 95% sure the German portal is a PBEM style board game site which would mean async, but I’m waiting on the email confirmation to go through.

In good news it plays flawlessly on my iPad Mini 4 with the latest iOS version so I’ll be keeping this one.

Games last about 10 to 15 minutes so far for me even with the max players, as all cards besides special actions play at once, and if you don’t have one of the colours you can’t play any special actions in that location.

Thank you very much, you almost sold me on it!!!
Last question, if I may…is anything similar I might have played?

I like games where I have limited options to overcome a situation, even if this imply luck factors.
I was under the impression (maybe wrong) that this game could be like this.

1 Like

The dev just answered me in twitter and apparently yes, the multi is async.

Great.

EDIT: Bought.

1 Like

Looking forward to impressions.

It sort of like a hand drafting instead of deck picking version of Smash up.

Played a game against 3 easy opponent and I won.
I’m liking it so far, but I don’t know what some cards do exactely.
Registered for multiplayer…anyone up for a fast game?

I’m Pitta.

Ok played many more games.
Actually I’m liking it a lot, it really shines against 5 players…you have to prioritize some loot over other because with so many players you are pretty much guaranteed you won’t get everything.

It’s really a tragedy when an opponent swing the odds in their favor using a special power, and it’s really fantastic when you do so or counteract.

The app is actually very well done, both on iPhone and iPad.

Not sure why tough, music is non existent (sounds are nice), multiplayer require you to register and confirm (and change password) in a German only website (!!!) and for the life of me I can’t start a multiplayer game.
The app DOES ask you if you want notifications, so it’s promising.

Oh…and then there is the goblin part…which is a almost a game on its own.

Looking forward to play more and possibly start some multiplayer games.

Still haven’t received the email confirmation thing for the multiplayer, maybe I put my email in wrong. Weird.

I received it immediately.
You have then to confirm and change the actual password.

I was able to login then.

The tutorial is God-awful, that’s for sure.

So I’ve downloaded the actual rules, which aren’t long at all. I’m hoping to play as soon as tomorrow.

Keeping an eye on this one, as I’ve read some mixed reviews of the cardboard…