[Tourney Thread] Star Realms: Colony Wars Release Tournament

@JammaTal I think @Private_Prinny is referring to his own post, which he moved to the SR Love/Hate thread

And @jammatal is saying the post belonged here! Iā€™ll agree with @Private_Prinny, this set seems way better, and I think the main reason is that I buy so many less Explorersā€¦ Thereā€™s no joy in Explorersā€¦

Uh sorry for the confusion. I initially put my recent remarks down here and re-/moved it to the general Star Realm Thread as it more appropriately belongs thereā€¦since technically I organized the Tournament, but did not play in it. I was talking about friendly challenge games, not specific tournament games.

Oh dear, bronze match juggernaut @geigerm strikes againā€¦it seems he seriously has a penchant for Bronze Matches. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit:
I just realized that this joke might has gone a tiny bit too farā€¦the one time I kicked him out of the semis and went on to the finals (Space Gambit gone Wrong SR Tournament) didnā€™t even have a bronze match ( must have forgotten to check the challonge checkbox back then).

My apologies @geigerm!

Edit2:
I realized I am organizing Challonge SR Tournaments since Feb 2015ā€¦how time fliesā€¦

Ha, no worries. Iā€™m apparently the Susan Lucci of PT/SP tourneys ā€¦

true sportsmanā€™s spirit!
and always a formidable opponent!

@feederofgoats you need to update your app for us to play. I am on the updated version.

the tourney is finished. grats to Goatfeeder on the 2-0 win in the final!

tourney should be officially declared as finished on challonge too.

1 Like

Thanks JammaTal, and also to Private Prinny for organisingā€¦ Lots of fun!

1 Like

Holsten told me that you played strong games vs him. he doesnā€™t say that very often.
you did lose only 3 games in the whole tourney. impressive performance!

have you ever played Race for the Galaxy? another GREAT cardgame.
you should have joined Stately Playā€™s Premier League,
i hope next time!

I have never played it either, I donā€™t think I have ever looked at it. Itā€™s a deckbuilder game? It has Async multiplayer?

Thanks mateā€¦ I think I had a good run of luck though. Iā€™ve played a few games of Race for the Galaxy and Iā€™ll definitely jump into the next one.

1 Like

Hi Kenn, you can find the great review and many enlightening comments over here.

and the Stately Playā€™s Premier League of 16 contestants had a good start and will bring on lots of dramatic matches and much fun, iā€™m sure.

itā€™s an ā€œempire builderā€ or ā€œengine builderā€. you try to set up economical or military engines for generating synergies to score more points than your opponent/s.
so RftG is sometimes called ā€œSan Juan in space.ā€
fantastic app with well implemented async 2-4 players multiplayer.
iā€™m not the only one for whom this is GotY.

1 Like

New expansion is out! Here is a request for a new tourney to celebrate. :slight_smile:
Maybe using Colony Wars, Cosmic Gambits and the new promo cards

Good Idea :slight_smile:

Edit:
On a second note if only Gambits 2.0 was released I need to ping interest firstā€¦gambits are a bit loathed in a tournament setting and I didnā€™t test them out yet so no opinionated guess on that on my partā€¦

There are 11 new cards in addition to 9 new gambits.

Iā€™m ok with gambits, since this tournament isnā€™t for money or anything. :slight_smile: