Tomorrow Corporation is back on the App Store with 7 Billion Humans

Originally published at: https://statelyplay.com/2018/12/07/tomorrow-corporation-is-back-on-the-app-store-with-7-billion-humans/

iOS, Switch, PC/Mac/Linux •

My kids think it’s weird that I enjoy programming games like TIS-100 from Zachtronics (or any Zachtronics game, actually), or Human Resource Machine from Tomorrow Corporation. This is because they think I sit at work all day and write code which is most definitely not what I do. In fact, my “writing code” to “writing boring documentation” ratio is so horrifically skewed to the latter that it shouldn’t be a surprise that I’d leap at the chance to do a little coding without all that legal overhead. 7 Billion Humans is Tomorrow Corporation’s follow-up to the aforementioned Human Resource Machine and it’s been out on Steam and Switch for a couple months. Yesterday, however, it arrived for iOS and now it can be played the way it was meant to be: on a tablet.

7 Billion Humans is a programming game in which you’ll use a graphic coding language to make the little humans do your bidding. You can tell them to walk, pick things up, drop things, etc., with the end goal being whatever your sadistic boss tells you to get done. There’s a lot of humor here, mostly at the expense of corporate culture and bureaucracy. It’s like Brazil, but with bright colors.

Gameplay is incredible similar to the aforementioned Human Resource Machine, so much so that I can’t recommend this game to anyone who found that game’s programming challenges a chore. For those who loved HRM, however, here’s a huge batch of new puzzles with just enough of a twist to make you feel like you’re not just churning over old ground.

THRILLING FEATURES!
  • More puzzles, more humans, more rippling brain muscles - over 60+ levels of programming puzzles! 77.777778% more levels than Human Resource Machine.
  • A whole new programming language to enjoy! Where Human Resource Machine was based on Assembly and executed by a single worker, 7 Billion Humans has an all new language that lots of workers can all execute at the same time.
  • You'll be taught everything you need to know. Even useless skills can be put to work!
  • Feeling stressed out? There are now friendly hint and "skip" systems to facilitate your career's ascent.
  • Available in English, French, Italian, German, Dutch, Spanish, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, and Russian. And possibly more languages on the way.
  • Incomprehensible cutscenes! You will be delighted and bewildered.
  • From the creators of Human Resource Machine, Little Inferno, and World of Goo.
They aren't kidding about the cutscenes, either. Everything about 7 Billion Humans is polished to a glowing sheen including the cartoony, dystopian graphics and the writing. It's the full package and I hear it really ramps up the challenge as you climb the corporate ladder. I can't wait. https://youtu.be/1OqaU7CutsY
2 Likes

Wait, what? How was this not on my radar? moment of unexpected happiness Off to the App Store! Byeee!

1 Like