Today I supported Jeff Bezos by buying…

Looks awesome. While looking it up I saw the Swampfox sights and now I want one since my entire online ID is based on that. A good reason to buy gun accessories, right?

1 Like

Haha awesome! I’ve never messed with Swampfox stuff - for red dots I stick to Trijicon RMRs and Aimpoint Acro P2. Expensive, but they’ve never given me trouble at all and my life and career depend on them, so.

I’ve messed a bit with Sig sights and they’ve been ok; didn’t care for the form factor of the Romeo1 Pro although the price was right and their handguns are milled for direct mounting, which is nice. I have Holosuns on some range toys, but I’m not sure I’d trust my life to them. Probably misplaced and some kind of -ist but I can’t get past the mass produced in China factor.

If you do try a swampfox let me know how it goes!

[monotone] Prime Day Wohooo!
I really should know better but I am a storage hog with massive FOMO…it started all the way back on the PSP/DS and over the iPhone/iPad/3DS era, it now bleeds into my PS5/Nintendo Switch habits…
At least I can forcefulcough benevolently gift my now “old” Switch Memory Card to my brother…no way the handful of games he owns will rattle around in that massive container no way sir he will dutifully fill it out with many more games - oh who the hell am I kidding…
picard_wtf

3 Likes

Bought pinch weld covers and a set of rear seat back covers for my Ford Bronco (which won’t be delivered until next month, but hey it’s Prime Day now.) Also bought a pair of Baofeng F8HP dual band two way radios on sale for 25% off. After this weekend’s assassination attempt, I figured it was a good idea to have them if TSHTF for real.

1 Like

Good call on the radios. I did a 4 pack of Motorolas last prime too

1 Like

I’ve had some Motorolas for a while and they’ve been nothing but great for my limited use.

1 Like

Bought ASICS tennis shoes. Like, real tennis shoes for tennis cause apparently my regular sneakers aren’t correct for it, according to our tennis instructor.

Wife looks hot in a tennis skirt so I do what I’m told.

8 Likes

In preparation for building the porch for which I hope my permit will come through any day now, I got some new knockoff batteries for my Makita 18v suite, a laser level, sanding discs, a couple Hue lights and bridge (because there’s a compatible switch which runs on … nothing. No power hookup, no battery–the force of pushing the button creates enough energy to send the signal, which delights me enough to really want to use it), and an impact-ready Dewalt bit set.

So I’ll be awfully sad if the permit is denied.

7 Likes

Tickr heart rate monitor for athletes.

Not because I have any claim to athleticism, but to check the Apple Watch’s HR numbers. Allegedly the watch can be wrong at higher pulse rates or during running. In all honesty, I’m expecting the result to be no, you really are that unfit, but hey, new tech.

6 Likes

Interesting. Let us know your findings.

2 Likes

We use one of those Hue light switches to control our favorite scenes in, well, the bedroom. (Less said the better.) You will love the switch – no power or wiring required at all. It’s literally magic.

3 Likes

I don’t use the switch but I have Hue all over the home and operate my lights with Siri.

The color lights are neat but fairly expensive for lightbulbs. We’ve got them with the home theater but just use standard bulbs everywhere else. I’ve got big Edison-style bulbs for the outside lights.

I have 8 color hue lights in my basement office and I often have late night disco parties with myself.

I have the big hue outdoor lights around the roof and smaller white ones by all outside doors - those are all set to come on at sunset and go off at sunrise.

1 Like