The new Lords of Waterdeep ready for action...today

Could you elaborate on this a bit. I’d like to understand the specific issues so we can address it. Not trying to be argumentative here, but we’re getting a huge range of feedback on the new version across all platforms.

“Card text in many screens are too small”
In the previous version, we didn’t show the whole card when it was in a player tray, just the condensed half height version, so there was no text on the card. We’re still doing that on the iPhone version, but iPad shows the entire card. Would the half height be better since the icons are larger but the only text is the card name?

“tap to enlarge this, tap to enlarge that”
You had to double tap every card to see what it did in the previous version. How is the new version different? Is it because you have use buttons to scroll between magnified cards instead of swiping?

“I must even tapswitch between opponents’ player boards”
You had to do this in the previous version. All of your opponents were only shown by name at the top of the screen, and you had to tap through each one of them in order to see the adventurers in their tavern.

The “Map Parallax” settings will tilt the map to track your finger when you touch the device. It’s more noticeable on PC when it is tracking the mouse cursor.

Are you playing with the default map view that appears when you load the game or are you zooming in the so map is flat?

There’s an issue with some of the textures that only seems to occur on iOS, which is causing the fuzziness in some of the icons. We’re looking into it now.

Thanks for your feedback!

6 Likes

I haven’t played a game yet, so can’t comment fully on the new versions, But after poking around for a few minutes, my main concern is the sharpness of the assets on ios. If, as I expect, that is being dealt with I don’t have too many concerns. But on my iphone 6+ I find the available quests a bit too small to clearly read. This never seemed to be an issue in the previous version.

Another thing, which wouldn’t normally be an issue (as I wouldn’t do it in game), is with resizing the board. After resizing the board in a manner that changed the tilt of the screen, the screen is unresponsive to scrolling, even though I can’t see the quests at the top of the board.

Lastly, switching apps resulted in a full reload of Lords of Waterdeep. I believe in the previous version I could switch back into an active game, but I guess I am due for a hardware upgrade…

I started getting email notifications now for turns. Is everyone else seeing this? Any idea how to turn it off?

Login to the online lobby, click on profiles, and find the notifications tab. Mine was selected by default and I turned it off as soon as the update dropped.

Thanks! Never would have thought to look there.