4 Likes
2 Likes

And Iā€™m screaming.

https://www.thispersondoesnotexist.com/

Noā€¦noā€¦noā€¦noā€¦noā€¦

From the lady behind The OA.

1 Like
2 Likes

So thereā€™s also https://thiscatdoesnotexist.com/ and the results are often quite a bit more, uh, surreal.

Also AI-generated vintage recipes, Possibly even more horrifying than the mutant cats.

ā€œThe postal service is underratedā€

Lol, that thing is awesomeā€¦

"Buenos Dias is the correct way to say ā€œI am done with this shit!ā€

:laughing:

Obedience is not for the faint of heart

Showing a hand holding an earth globe in handā€¦eerily accurate jpg background :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Wait what? I donā€™t evenā€¦

1 Like

Outrage has been good to Charles Murray. Far from being the victim of ā€œa modern witch burning,ā€ as the neuroscientist and podcaster Sam Harris has described him, Murray has been able to cloak himself in the mantle of the embattled intellectual, the purveyor of forbidden knowledge, while comfortably ensconced at the American Enterprise Institute, the influential think tank, for three decades.

1 Like

ā€¦what.

1 Like

People. Are. Stupid.

26 years of emergency services makes me confident in that statement.

1 Like

Iā€™d love to know what this is in response to. LOL

Not that I disagree.

1 Like

One of many reasons I hate that new iAPPLE products have FaceLock and not the cool old fingerprintLock.

Keeping my ugly mug to myself darnitā€¦

2 Likes

I follow some security researchers pretty closely, and Iā€™ve not seen any credible attack against the Apple secure enclave that allows someone to get at the raw face or fingerprint biometric off the device. The main concern is someone (like TSA or CBP) using your face to unlock the device against your explicit consent. Thatā€™s why they added the feature where holding the volume up and lock button for two seconds will disable the biometric. The tradeoff is faceID letā€™s me use an annoyingly long password that will render the phone close to uncrackable.

The really sad fact is Iā€™m sure major physical retailers like Target or Walmart are already looking at this technology to help target ads/coupons etc. Bluetooth beacons tracking your phone through the store is already a thing (FYSA in iOS, you donā€™t need to grant an app access to bluetooth to have your headphones work. Thatā€™s processed through the OS audio layer).

2 Likes