The Internet Almanac

Also I’ll bet both our posts had a period at the end because of this:

1 Like

Brown loudly asked who had written this song, and she indignantly reminded him that she had, and wanted to know what was wrong with it. Nothing, he said, and don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

Brown told her she would get well, and she would write a song. He asked her father for a pen and a piece of paper, which her father handed over, and he wrote something like, Bring me the song .

What in the entire fuck is this whole story. I demand to know what is going on this instant.

1 Like

I’m buying a shemagh today.

I’m convinced at this point that there are no James Brown stories that actually make sense. This is further awesome proof of that.

Fuck yo couch!

I dunno much about Rick James, except what I learned from Dave Chappelle, but “Cocaine is a hell of a drug”. :smile:

Wait that was Rick James not James Brown.

God, I’m the worst.

1 Like

1 Like

Did anyone really think this wasn’t going to happen?

The lead painting is actually of Dave, after a night of gaming. And fluting.

1 Like

If you mean me, all I can say is “not fat enough”.

1 Like

Please don’t miss the videos in this RPS article about the “live action” placeholder cutscenes in the Devil May Cry series.

Mark Hamill is great with voices. Here’s his Harrison Ford:

2 Likes

Ha, that’s great!

1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

This DCS A-10 Warthog video from 2012… in which one novice and two quote unquote helpful onlookers try to fly the A-10.

Some highlights:
7-8 minutes or so, hilarity ensues. Worth watching up till this point at least.
33 minutes, they mistake the stick for the throttle.
35 minutes, they finally figure out how to taxi. You’d think this ends in disaster, but a lucky pause saves the day.
38 minutes, they identify the runway and stop trying to take off in what can only be described as a parking lot.
47 minutes, they try shooting a Maverick (air to ground missile) at enemy aircraft.
49 minutes, “It’s just like Call of Duty!”
53 minutes, our hapless heroes manage a gun hit on a MiG-21.
53:42, the same MiG gets a gun hit and lights the right engine afire.
54 minutes, the same MiG takes revenge and shoots off a wing. Attempts to eject are… unsuccessful.

I watched till the end hoping to see an attempt at landing. Spoiler alert, there is a landing. In that, the plane ends up on the ground…

2 Likes