Terra Mystica 4P "Transformer's Pick" Challenge

to be honest, i was baffled too. for a long time i was behind in cult tracks, but in the end 8-4-2 was ok, exactly the same as you scored in cults.

and yes, in a certain way this was a test for me. i wanted to achieve my personal goals of building 3 cities and linking all my buildings on the board.
but it came for a (too high) price: totally out of sync with situational bonuses.
and i had to go for certain unprofitable favor discs just to achieve my goals.
very interesting results.

And the invite is out ā€¦

This is another round so to speak. The winner of the first game continues the challenge by initiating a game with the next 3 players on deck. And so on it will roll. The winner of this game will challenge Jason1002, MisterMentat and JammaTal, leaving Hardco next on deck.

Of course Iā€™m sure everyone in this thread would enjoy non-official games as well.

Your suspicions are well-placed. @saviodo and I are brothers. And if we ever meet up I"ll have to tell you the tells of epic multi-game Star Wars tournaments (still enjoying Star Wars Rebellion) ā€¦ just donā€™t believe him when he says I intentionally knocked over a game of Chinese Checkers I was losing. It was a total accident!

1 Like

Looks like our game has stopped as mgeiger9 has run out of time. I donā€™t get why that happens - 24 hrs is too short but as it is a friendly if none of us kicks mgeiger9 out why does the game do so? Or has mgeiger9 not been kicked out? Game just says ā€˜waiting for opponentā€™.

He hasnā€™t been kicked out. As long as you donā€™t claim victory with the Cup symbol, he can take his turn whenever he gets around to it.

hello? silence all around forā€¦ what? 18 days?!
game still ā€œgoingā€ (crouching) on?

Weā€™re in turn 5, with everyone typically taking a couple of actions per day.

good news :upside_down_face:

We finished.

Thanks for the game all. I was alone on the cult tracks for the first half of the game which allowed me to win all four, it was that which made the difference.

Great job @duckworp! Congrats! You now hold the Transformerā€™s :pick: :microscope: and must choose a symbol to follow mine.

Itā€™s now on you to start the next game with the first 3 players in the lineup (below). Plus, iā€™ll add myself to the bottom of the list for the next game.

@jason1002
@MisterMentat
@JammaTal
@Hardco
JHTaube

@duckworp told me that @MisterMentat has not accepted his friends request in TM yet.

hello, old friend IronKraken, get ready to rumble! :expressionless:
it will be great fun.

I accepted it! Iā€™m ready, although Iā€™m bad at TM.

@duckworp, letā€™s get this game going!

@hardco - game already under way. You are up in next one.

Damn, I misread the list! This challenge moves way too slowlyā€¦ :disappointed:

Pete won the last game ā€¦ as his amanuensis I am here to say ā€¦

Holder of Transformerā€™s Pick: duckworp :baby_chick:

:pick: :microscope::baby_chick:

Match in progress.

challenger queue
Hardco :hatching_chick:
JHTaube :microscope:

1 Like

running game is in last turn.

Post updated. Crossed wires.

this game has been painfully slow because MisterMentat has timed out for so many times.

i think it wonā€™t hurt if we would allow in future games to kick a player in this case if he has not posted here to ask for extended time because of special circumstances (illness, journey, family, work, moving household, whatever).
and maybe not at first or second timeout, but after that.

esp because itā€™s a challenge format. each really interested player can always come back to the waiting line.

what do you think?