Terra Mystica 4P "Transformer's Pick" Challenge

oh, that would be bad :disappointed_relieved:
iā€™m suffering from failing notifications for Eclipse in the moment.
itā€™s so annoying. opening Eclipse more often than any other game :angry:

and to ease the pressure for the playing and the pain for the players on the waiting list they could/should start a 4 or 5P ā€œwaiting gameā€?

Hey Michael,
Sorry for the recent delay. There was about 36 hours of traveling with children that resulted in zero downtime. And, while I could take an Ascension turn in about 10 seconds, a move in Terra Mystica requires significantly more thought. Iā€™ll try to minimize those occurrences and let people know when Iā€™m that occupied again.

1 Like

Calm down everyone! There was no way that a 4p game of Terra Mystica was going to fly by. Everything is back on track again, with the only damage being me forgetting my move during the downtime, and terraforming the wrong space! :sob: Fortunately, @JHTaube was a true gentleman, and didnā€™t use his witch powers to steal it. Now that the ugliness is behind us, letā€™s all hug it out. :family_men_boys:

2 Likes

I know I"m not in the challenge or anything, but I totally agree with this.

Some games (TM being a major example) do require a lot more thought, and thus while Iā€™ll take all 25 of my other turns, this one I want to make sure I have time to think.

Same thing with my 1775 turns when they come up, now that Iā€™m playing with @SpiceTheCat, but not just for that reason. I also donā€™t want to take the turn lying in bed before going to sleep and thus not have a chance to write my quick AAR. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Joe, i apologize for putting up pressure. and i will always respect family life over gaming. if i had known about your family travels, i would have never lost a word and would have waited cool, calm and collected for weeks.

it was just that i was afraid the game might get lost after 2 timeouts by 2 players in a row.

iā€™m back to inner balance, thinking ā€œand even when a game gets lost. so what? no problem. itā€™s only a game. good community relations and feelings are far more important.ā€

1 Like

[quote=ā€œwhovian223, post:24, topic:610, full:trueā€].Same thing with my 1775 turns when they come up, now that Iā€™m playing with @SpiceTheCat, but not just for that reason. I also donā€™t want to take the turn lying in bed before going to sleep and thus not have a chance to write my quick AAR. :slight_smile:
[/quote]
At least 1775 can move at a relatively zen tempo. The lack of a turn timer is clearly a feature, not a half-assed implementation. The on-going AARs as a consequence of the crappy game log is also a happy accident. :blush:

2 Likes

Current game is drawing to a close soon.
Iā€™m on pins and needles as @hard_co and I are battling it out for the top seed. Everywhere I look, my former lead is being chipped away!!

I hate to be rude and surrender as it is something I just donā€™t do, but my time is running out before Iā€™m away and I may just bow out to keep the end running smoothly. I think I have fewer VP than I started the game with, so its not as if I am a strong contender or anything.

I think you are overestimating my chances! I see nothing but bad things for me in the last couple actionsā€¦

Are you referencing the ā€œtournamentā€ game? This thread is the ā€œKing of the Hillā€ game.

Yeah, sorry. The game is over anyways so my entire post is pointless, much like my role in the gameā€¦

Woohoo! Game 1 is done ā€¦
And JHTaube holds the Transormerā€™s :pick: :microscope:
Game recap with pics on the way soon ā€¦

Challenge sent to:
duckworp
geigerm
JMH.75

On deck for the next round:
jason1002
MisterMentat

congratulations to Joe Taube on a great victory!
i had to learn the hard way that ā€œ3 cities+largest areaā€ is no ā€œi winā€ button at all.
iā€™ll hurry back to the line.

JHTaube holds the Transformerā€™s :pick: :microscope:

Challenge sent to:
duckworp
geigerm
JMH.75

jason1002
MisterMentat
JammaTal

Well played @JHTaube! I picked the swarmlings thinking the free Trading Posts would offset the lack of money in the bonus tiles, but Iā€™m not sure if anything can overcome their high building costs! Well, maybe the 3 workers for founding a city, but I forgot about that powerā€¦

Put me at the bottom!

jason1002
MisterMentat
JammaTal
Hardco

I donā€™t see anything, probably because Iā€™m mgeiger9 in-game ā€¦

Actually still waiting on friend acceptances from @duckworp and @JMH.75.

@JammaTal, I am surprised that 3 cities plus largest area, plus competitive on the cult tracks didnā€™t score higher. Were you forced to be out of sync with the round bonuses?
The steady trickle of power from @Hardco in the south-central area helped me along. Probably my best use of the Witchesā€™ Broom.

Accepted :grinning:

I have accepted, or at least I think I have, I do find the TM app confusing in terms of accepting or inviting to a game. So is this another round of the competition?

@duckworp

The (first?) tourney is over done gone dusted Pete ā€¦ neither of us won.

This new game is in a ā€œwinner stays onā€ sequence. If you win this one you will get another game. But you are up against Joe ā€¦ who just beat the tourney winner.

Further, using skill and judgement, I suspect quite strongly that Joe is related to Saviodo so he springs from a well of multiple gaming greatness. But donā€™t let that hold you back ā€¦