Talisman and Talisman: Horus Heresy expand for free, go on sale

Originally published at: http://statelyplay.com/2018/06/01/talisman-and-talisman-horus-heresy-expand-for-free-go-on-sale/

You might think that Avogadro’s number relates to the number of atoms in a mole, but it was actually created to give dimension to the number of IAP available in Nomad Games’ digital version of Talisman. If this makes no sense, I’m trying to say there’s a lot of DLC for a digital board game, but that’s not to be unexpected considering the cardboard version and all its expansions have lain waste to entire forests.

Today, they added yet another expansion to not just Talisman but also Talisman: Horus Heresy, albeit for a miserly price: free. If that’s not enough for you, they’re also putting the whole lot on sale.

The free expansion is called The Deep Realms and looks to basically be a system of tunnels/sewers connecting the City and Dungeon expansions. So, while The Deep Realm is absolutely gratis, you will need to dole out coin to purchase those other two expansions if you want to play with it. Pretty clever.

In The Deep Realms, which lurks between The City and The Dungeon, mysterious skull passages lead through foul smelling sewers and ancient tombs that are filled with wealth but littered with traps. The dark depths descend into the treacherous lair of the verminous Rat Queen. Alternatively, players may find themselves lost in the catacombs, emerging in the Throne Room of the formidable Wraith Lord.

The expansion features two new Realms to explore, as well as two new decks of adventure cards designed to challenge the most seasoned Talisman players!

The sci-fi version of Talisman, Talisman: Horus Heresy is also getting some new content. Two new characters to play as, both of them also free to download. The first is Rogal Dorn and the second is Samus, and if those names mean anything to you, you’re a bigger nerd than I am.
Rogal Dorn joins the Loyalists - a being of thunderous zeal and stone made manifest. To him there is no higher purpose to the ‘Legiones Astartes’ than the illumination of the Imperium’s ideals. His unyielding nature make Rogal Dorn both a master of defence in war, and an indomitable fighter on the attack.

Battling against the loyalists is the traitor Samus, a terrifying Daemon Prince of the Ruinstorm, whose ghostly whispers can destroy anyone in his path. As billions are slaughtered across countless worlds, the power of the Daemon waxes strong.

This character pack comes with new Custom Legion Data-slates and Encounter Data-slates.

Both games are part of Games Workshop’s Skulls for the Skull Throne (I can’t make this stuff up) promotion, which is offering the base game for 75% off the normal price, and expansions at a 50% discount. This only appears to be on the Steam side of things, however, as I don’t see the price reductions currently on the iOS version. The iOS versions do, however, still get the free content in the latest updates. If you’ve been looking to pick either of these games up on your laptop, now’s the time.  
2 Likes