SteamWorld Heist is out and it's amazing

Hi!
SteamWorld Heist is finally out on iOS.
You can read the incredibly positive reviews on Steam or other platforms where it’s already out, but I want to assure you the iOS port is absolutely glorious.
To the point that if I didn’t know it was a port, I would have never guessed.
It feels MADE for touch screens.

I was lucky enough to test it in the last weeks and complete the game.
It’s probably my GOTY this year.
It’s fun, triple A polished, GORGEOUS to look at and hear (the musics with lyrics,cocals and all in the bar space stations are amazing), suited to bite size play or 4 hours straight sessions.
Start simple but gets deep enough and challenging, and the best part is imho chapter 3 with the new added mechanics (rare to see a game shoot their best bullets in the end).
The 2D XCOM mechanics really work and head-shotting an enemy from afar after 3 wall bounces never gets old.

I highly recommend it, it’s GLORIOUS.

Link: https://appsto.re/it/CH-kbb.i

3 Likes

No! No! Not another must-buy game!

I have had this on my Steam wishlist since Cool Ghosts recommended it … but it seems that I can resist making PC purchases much more easily than iOS purchases.

Pitta - your endorsement tips what little balance there was left as you have great taste in games. Seeing your name also reminds me that I stopped part way through Heroic on Deathwatch Tyranid Invasion. Something else that needs to get done …

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

I loved the game, even if I wasn’t attracted initially by the whole steambots setting (but chapter 3 is amazing, setting wise) that I actually ended to love because they gives you storybits here and there and I really grew attached to the various characters following the story.
I was even a bit skeptical about the whole 2D XCOM turn based mechanics…but damn, I love it too, it’s simply brilliant.
So fun and later levels are so crafted you really have to think what to do to actually complete the mission.
Not to mention deciding who to bring in battle and with what (you’ll end up with a very vast choice of weapons and loot to equip).

I think you can like it too, actually I hope you’ll like it as I did.

I already can’t wait to see what the devs are up to next.

It’s that good.

TL;DR: buy it, resistance is futile. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

What kind of length and replayability are we looking at here?

Dont get me wrong, Im already downloading it, I was just curious while I wait

Took me around 16 hours according to the save to complete the game at hard difficulty.
A bit more to get all the stars (which mean explore every level and never lose a character before reaching the escape pods).
Many levels are random generated (loot and enemies, not sure about the spaceships).
The story is always the same, but when you complete the game a new mode appear with everything unlocked from the start.

At first the game is pretty linear but then it opens up giving you many choices about who bring to battle and with what.
You can be stealthy or go on destroying everything with a bazooka, your choice.

1 Like

Ive only had a chance to have a little play, but theres a lot of potential here. If the core gameplay mechanic evolves in the way that it looks like its going to, then we are onto a winner.

1 Like

Will likely be picking this up tonight as well, looks like it checks my boxes.

Been having a blast with this so far, quite literally.