Steam: Rails to Riches goes online with asynchronous play

I have no preference on map. I have played a few Standard games of Steam so far, so I am still exploring it. It’s hard to know how many loans to take - you basically have to plan out your whole move ahead of time.

Yes, I have Brass installed on my iphone too, and have played quite a few games. It seems lately, though, that someone times out after a few days and games never really get going. So I have no open Brass games currently. I have been keeping an eye on your Brass thread for the next tournament.

I play Agricola on my phone against others, I play Twilight Struggle on my computer using Steam. I have Titan HD installed on my Ipad and I enjoy it, but my kids always have the Ipad. I play Puerto Rico on Boardgame Arena.

Looking forward to our Steam game / tournament

2 Likes

great!
so we are jason1002, irishdomer08 and me. one more entry would be nice.
let’s wait on for 2 or 3 days.

i would love to play the Carcassonne map.
Brass (Northern England) and Carcassonne map are nice references, but we need a TS (world) map too :expressionless:

sad to hear this.
i have played about 10 games with strangers, and i guess 8 or 9 were finished.
even far behind players continued to play. very special Brass community.
seems to have gone down then :disappointed:
eg Eclipse is a dropout fest. i won some games simply because all other players had dropped out.
same bad habit for so many online games when playing with strangers.

LOL on your kids always having the ipad. i guess many parents can confirm this :joy:

I could handle a second friendly game, to see how the carcassonne map plays out

so nice!
i will create game room “StatelyPlay France” (pw: Carca)
edit: done

@jason1002 and @irishdomer08, are you ready for that?

Sure let’s play

Yes I’m ready as soon as I download the map.

Mhatke must take turn.

I don’t see irishdomer08 in this game.

mhatke is irishdomer08 :upside_down:

just moved, sorry guys. crazy week of work :slight_smile:

i think it’s time to move over to category Players Wanted when asking who would like to join a new game.

i’m playing in 4 Standard games (feels ok to play in so many parallel games) now and would like to go with Basic again too.
i think by now we have got a better feeling for the differences and i want to get that basic feeling again.
i still can’t decide what i like better.
basic= much faster, frantic track construction, less calculation stress.
standard= better make deep plans, feel economical pressure right from the start, auctions an own minigame.

if anybody wants to feel that basic feeling again, join me in Players Wanted/Steam RtR

no doubt about that Standard gameplay is deeper and more satisfying because of loans and auctions.
but on the other hand of my 4 running Steam games the two later started Basic games are steaming forward very nicely and have overtaken both (kind of stalled) Standards.

i guess it’s the constant “something big is waiting for me around next corner”-feeling which drives the games forward.
always something to build or to transport.
there is no gap between looking around the map and making (undoubtedly great) plans and turning these into action.
esp great for async games.
so i must admit that i like the Basic games more than the advanced Standards in the moment.
but maybe simply because there is some gaming going on :grimacing:

Looks like I barely squeaked by with a victory in our basic game. That went pretty quickly. I was going up and down the left side of the map and never seemed to run out of cubes to ship.

so close and a very enjoyable game. congrats on your 82-81-51 win, Jason!
this Basic really ran very fast.
it had started much later than my Standard games but those are only in turn 3/8 now.
in the moment i don’t know what i like better.
the deeper gameplay in Standard or fast and furious action in Basic.

It was fun to play, but not too close for me. I’m still getting the hang of it. I need to play some more games against the AI. The easy still beats me.

game Stately Play II on map “Europe’s Lower Rhein & Ruhr”:

@whovian223 and @Snotty128,
do you remember that email from the Steam devs?
now the mentioned update has hit and YES, the bug has been fixed and the game is on rails again. i could take my turn now.
Snotty is up.

The game’s on sale again, for $2.99. Is it worth it? I know Jamma’s a big fan, but have the bugs been ironed out?

definitely worth it.
with replays it plays like a charm.
all my 4 games were running fine for a long time.
and the new update just fixed some more (rare) bugs.
our only stranded game was fixed by this and could be continued.

The app seems solid to me. I think the app comes with a couple of maps, but theres plenty more to buy if you are so inclined.

a question to experts: the patch notes mention improvements for the tutorial and for “bidding in basic mode” :flushed:
what does that mean? a new option to activate bidding in basic mode?
or just a typo and the devs meant to tell us about improvements for bidding in standard mode?