Stately Scrying: What we're playing this weekend

@Falkenstein, no problem. i will lower it to 5 right now :hugs:

Thanks, @JammaTal, Iā€™m in! I did make it to level 7, figured today I would endeavor to push higher. :sunglasses:

Now I just need you to go back to Dungeon Boss and start a Stately Play guild there ā€¦ theyā€™ve continued to grow the game in the three years itā€™s been out, having picked it back up itā€™s now my current mobile favorite. :slight_smile:

The first thing my daughter said to me this morning was ā€œRPG! RPG! RPG!ā€ So, positive feedback there (though it made me wish I drank coffee).

I should say, the introduction of the owlicorn went as exactly as I hoped, with it initially being misheard as ā€œallicornā€. The party had to get a tome from Twilight Sparkle, who helped them find the right spell but then determined that theyā€™d need an ankh to power it. That led to a discovery that the ancient Sky People used ankhs a lot, and there might be one (or more) in the ruins atop Roc Mountain. So, on the way, they stopped to talk to the painting pegasus, who turned out to be in mourning for her dead mother, buried nearby, and wanted to give her a picture of a sunrise to make her grave cheery. They solved that problem using my sonā€™s cutie mark talent, which was teaching animals to play musical instruments (his idea)ā€”rather than a giant painting, they contented the mourner with a badly-played rendition of her motherā€™s favorite song played by a bird (he didnā€™t roll so well).

Atop the mountain, they had trouble finding what they were seeking, caused a bit of a collapse of some rubble, but eventually picked up an ankh and skedaddled under the watchful eye of a recently-returned roc. Back to Ponyville for the spell, back to the town to use it, and everything basically went okay except that one of the ponies was missing and there was a centipede in town when it grew back to normal size. The stun ray attempt failed, but scared it off, and the ponies were able to retrieve the missing tiny pony and get her returned to (slightly larger than) usual size.

Overall, I think the presence of food in the inventory section was a distraction, so we decided that, in the future, theyā€™ll be reasonably provisioned and neednā€™t worry about it. There were also a lot of opportunities for side quests they didnā€™t explore or follow up on, so I need to make those choices more salient. Itā€™s not terrible; I did enough secret rolling with no announced effect that I think they got the experience of a world pregnant with unseen possibilities. But I think theyā€™d enjoy even more if they had clearer choices laid at their feet, at least for now. I do like that the world now includes some known but little-explored ruins, a rampant giant centipede thatā€™s their fault, a grateful town adapting to its new location, a disappointed and glum pegasus still dealing with grief from an attempt at a challenge which was just barely adequate, and a slightly bumbling owlicorn.

Also, I erroneously assumed that inventing NPC names on the fly would be easy. Need to prep that more; not every pony can be glitterhoof.

6 Likes

If you Google bakes of my little ponies you can get a list of dozens, if not hundreds, to use as your NPCā€¦er, a friend told meā€¦

1 Like

Well, NOW I want cupcakes. :slight_smile:
Good thought!

1 Like

Ugh, silly autocorrect. But Iā€™m sure Cupcakes is a pony name.

Ugh, resisted to by Battletech:Flashpoint since the basegame STILL kills my PC for whatever reason I wait for Flashpoint to get some postlaunch love - maybe a bit of optimization would be nice.

*thats the nice stately reason - the true reason is they STILL havenā€™t released any unseen mechs gimme my Warhammer and Archer dangit!

Tried a bit of Adeptus Mechanicus. I am not fond of the faction but at least the production values and lore is decent and true to its surceā€¦also Necrons! How long since a Wh40k game NOT fetured the stupid greenskins as the safe antagonist-choice?
Will wait a bit for post-launch support as wellā€¦the game is a bit too easy atm and a rebalancing patch was promised

Currently playing (Legend of Heroes) Trails in the Skyā€¦my constant craze for Open World 3rd Person Games needs a bit of oldschool isometric turnbased jRPG flavouring to maintain a healthy balanceā€¦and since I heard good things about the worldbuilding and characterization in this game and it has more lines than any half-decent novel I was intrigiued for a long timeā€¦

Also really slooooooooow ahem patiently paced start of the game. 11 hours in and no war was decleared, surprise coup dā€™etat, protagonistā€™s mother/spouse/kid killed of or any noteworthy princess-in-distress kidnappedā€¦so yay?

Edit:
100 (hundred!) save slots and 10 auto-save slotsā€¦this game is prepared for all eventualities it seems.