Stately Scrying: What we're playing this weekend

Out of the Park Baseball 19, as usual (about 90 games into my first season…maybe after this one, I’ll start simming some games :slight_smile: )

That, and maybe some more Solitairica (I’ve only finished with the Warrior).

As for the table on Gameday Sunday, I’m hoping to get either Penny Press or 3012 to the table.

Neither are great games, but I do own them and I find them fun. Hopefully a couple of people will agree. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Switching from ES: Legends to … Eternal.

So, yeah, Dire Wolf Digital is getting all my attention.

2 Likes

They are close for best CCG on iOS but I’m still partial to Eternal.

Editor, looking for those receipts. Turret panels attached last night, so this photos is already out of date.

7 Likes

The Yakuza series is great, and I’m looking forward to further remakes. Yakuza 2 is the most fantastical of the series, but still has the requisite serious men trapped between personal honour and duty, with successive fights that are basically foreplay until someone takes their shirt off to indicate this one is serious. Even the film is good.

I’m skipping 7th Continent this week, and I will mostly be playing John Company and polishing off a load of Hitman contracts.

2 Likes

It’s prerelease weekend for the latest MtG set, Dominaria, so I will be spending a good chunk of the weekend shuffling up new Magic cards (and I’ve, perhaps foolishly, signed up for an event starting at 1100 after working a 2200–0600 night shift, so I get to do it on minimal sleep!). In more digital realms, that XCOM2 campaign I mentioned last week is nearing its end, after which I think it might be time to splash about in Subnautica again.

Have you seen those classic 90s triad films, Young and Dangerous? Makes me glad we got Sleeping Dogs.

Mostly short gaming windows will be taking turns in the various Star Realms leagues and Tournaments that I am in.

I am also still liking Marvel Strike Force.

Any longer window I get right now is for Overwatch, I like the PvE mission they have for this current event.

I have not! I’m off to check them out. Storm Riders and Infernal Affairs were quite good enough to guarantee my interest.

Sleeping Dogs reminded me of Urban Chaos; I got the same feeling of freedom from both games despite them probably not being that similar.

They’re a great series of films. Bit cheesy here and there, but a grand depiction of kids on the up in the Honkers criminal scene and beyond. Yakuza connections, Taiwanese gangs, rivals, love, betrayal, redemption. A big old tattooed opera.

1 Like

I was planning on trying to get to the wizard mode on the 2 new SW tables on zen pinball. Turns out that it only took me 2 runs on each table to get there. Neither of the tables really interested me. The modes were boring and the Ach-To Island had some truly awful voice acting. One of the modes was Luke Skywalker fishing and he would say things like, “Ahhh, that’s a big one.”

So I guess maybe some Civ 6 and Invisible, Inc. this weekend. Or catch up on some TV. I’ve missed a few episodes of Homeland and Billions.

Yes. 0.6 of ElDewrito [Halo Online] is out.

So want to pick this up, but not sure I can swing the $40 right now. Also, I have a habit with OOTP of getting super excited when I get them (I bought all of them until about 2 years ago) and then latching onto something else once I get into it.

1 Like

The last I bought was like 2015, I played the heck out of it for 3 days, and then never played it again. Seasons are just big commitments. I have had their Hockey game on my wish list on Steam forever, and really want to try it, but the reviews are mixed. I wish they would put out a Baseketball game.

Interest piqued. What is this hockey game?

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 is the latest. I am waiting for a more than 50% Steam Sale on it. 50% is the most I have seen so far.

1 Like

Yeah, I did that with 17.

This time, I’ve already played it a lot more. I’m thinking after finishing this game-by-game season, I may simulate some to keep going.

So far so good!

It’s not that uncommon for OOTP games to show up in a fall Humble Bundle for $1. I got 18 that way.

Sure, but by then baseball fever will be over. Was watching the Brewers walk off last night and nearly pulled the OOTP trigger…

1 Like

Definitely more fun to play OOTP during baseball season. I bought it for the first time in years last year and got through about 2 1/2 seasons before running out of steam. I really need to just give in and simulate the games if I want to get any further–being GM and manager is just too time-consuming to play too many seasons.

1 Like