Stately Play Decathlon 2021

We’ll see…

Have to get lucky and get what I need to fill in what I have left and hopefully score on some goals. End of this game can be tough on people.

Also, this app is pretty fantastic. Fast and easy to navigate and play.

4 Likes

Just did the math. Going to be a tight finish if the dice come up just right.

It takes a few plays to really appreciate how exciting and beautiful this game is. There’s a degree of luck in the dice, of course, but it’s a game where choosing the right placement can unlock higher scores in the endgame. Sagrada is all about mitigating risk from probability. It really speaks to my data analytics side.

2 Likes

I’m no game designer, but I’ve played countless games of Sagrada both in the app and at the table and my opinion has always been that there isn’t a big enough penalty for leaving spaces unfilled. Call it just a gut reaction but I wish filling the board were rewarded more than it is.

I could see bumping the penalty up to 2 per unfilled space, but probably no higher. One purpose of the public objectives is to incentivize creating objectively “beautiful” window designs over just filling spaces. Sometimes leaving a space or two unfilled is more consistent with the general theme of the game.

I kind of disagree. I like the 2 point idea, or maybe an alternative VP like 5 points for totally filling it. The theme is making pleasant stained glass windows. Imagine a stained glass window with holes in it, but aesthetically pleasing otherwise. Yeah, maybe a lame take on a relatively abstract game, but oh well. I just have never liked the idea of saying “I can purposefully fail but be penalized less than the gains I get from this column” or whatever.

Keep in mind, these are minor complaints. I enjoy the game.

1 Like

Friend request pending @Baelnor . Can you accept?

1 Like

Table 5 is done! As predicted, an exciting and close game that came down to the final turn.

@HostileApostle scored 35 from green count alone, leaving @Mirefox and me 9 and 10 points behind before counting the public objectives. I was able to score 6 1&2 sets and 2 color sets to squeak ahead by 3 at the end.

1 Like

That was a pretty tight one all around! Good game!

Great game…now what we playing lol…that was a quick one!

2 Likes

Nice work, gents! I expected some fast and close finishes, and you did not disappoint on either front! :stuck_out_tongue:

As for what to play next, I’ll just point out that - because of the way the scoring and table formation works - you won’t all be at the same table for Brass… hint, hint :grinning:

Some fool is getting demoted…

Done!

Invite sent @Baelnor @js619

2 Likes

Table 4 complete, gg! Results as follows:

Schlotzky - 64
Jhtaube - 59
Jason1002 - 53

Close game! I got very lucky with some of the dice pools.

1 Like

Nicely done @Schlotzky!
Good game

Good job. It was my first game of Sagrada. I like learning new games.

Table 3 complete - a good close game until the last round when disaster struck in the dice pool for my opponents!

@codington - 81
@JammaTal - 60
@kennfusion - 55

Table 2 complete.

@SpiceTheCat 84
@irishdomer08 67
@geigerm 62

Good game!

2 Likes

That was a good game … I was happy with my board until I saw the final scores! Whoops …

2 Likes