Stately Play Decathlon 2021

Hi everyone - sorry for the delay, but I wanted to confirm a few things.

So, we need to pick two more games to round out the Decathlon (sadly, Terraforming Mars appears to be an unreliable choice at this point. :frowning: )

Please vote for at least 2 and no more than 3 of the following:

• Evolution
  • Galaxy Trucker
  • Isle of Skye
  • Istanbul
  • Le Havre
  • Patchwork
  • Potion Explosion
  • Terra Mystica
  • Viticulture
  • Wingspan

0 voters

Thanks for your patience and happy gaming!

1 Like

Can we have a runoff if no two candidates receive 50% of the vote? (My dislike of Viticulture has nothing to do with this question, I promise.)

2 Likes

lol, I have no plan to even purchase Viticulture if it wins or not. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Ha … the only reason I own Viticulture is I won it in a giveaway. Not my least favorite digital board game, but I haven’t played in a while.

Yes, waiting to see how the voting goes - if there aren’t two clear winners, we’ll try again with a shorter list. For the record, I basically just added Wingspan to the next 9 games in the previous voting. :slight_smile:

Table 1 done!
With everyone online today, we managed to plow through the back half of the game. It was an interesting game, with all 3 players getting routes along the south and east, leaving the northwest undeveloped for most of the game. @kyakerdude took the worst of the early blocking, leaving him with 4 unfinished tickets, while I got lucky with one ticket grab, and secured longest route with the extra space up the middle of the board.

Good game all!

2 Likes

Voted for Galaxy Trucker & Patchwork as I have them, but it’ll be good to try something new.

Well played @Hardco! Ticket to Ride was a much better game than I expected. It doesn’t really work very well asynch though as most of your turns are unsatisfying. Was good fun today though when we were all playing quickly.

I foolishly drew an extra ticket near the end and realized I didn’t have enough trains to complete any of the 3 options. Would have been much better off going for longest route.

So does this mean I need to buy and learn how to play Wingspan?

1 Like

Table 3 finished. Gg @JammaTal and @irishdomer08. The route of 8 pieces did give me the advantage I needed.

3 Likes

Table 7 all wrapped up. Good game!

1 Like

Nice game y’all!

@HostileApostle really messed with me in the Atlanta area and I had to spend quite a bit of time building around. I’d have liked to have grabbed more routes but I thought it was too risky near the end, there.

I wasn’t messing with you…just trying to get to my city…but didn’t.

I got smoked! Didn’t realize there were no stations. Only played TTA Europe before.

Ooof, that would be a rough realization mid-game.

Table 6 Ticket to Ride game is gone and I don’t believe any of us timed out.

Check again? I still see it - it’s @whovian223 turn

I checked again. The game list is empty and it says you have no open games to resume.

When I went into the game, you were replaced by a bot. I see you sent another invite. Thank you!

I had seven days remaining on my timer too.