Stately Play Decathlon 2021

@JaneHatke It’s still there, but you timed out. See above, it looks like you should be able to rejoin.

I’d be ok with restarting if necessary

How did I time out? I just played yesterday.
My game is completely gone. No way to rejoin.

I also can’t rejoin. Please send another invite. If a player times out, make sure to not click the trophy icon and they will not be booted.

1 Like

I’m ok with restarting…no other option

Table 4 restarted!

1 Like

Table 6 restarted too

Not sure what is going on with @whovian223 and @JaneHatke We have to restart the game that I was winning because someone timed out, and then you send an invite with a different board. If we feel we need to restart a game that was already half over, let’s at least use the default board.

Both games were set up with a random identical board.

I’m happy to have it set up however people want though.

I am fine playing with either board. I did not time out. I made a move every day. The game was just gone. The only option was to restart the game. We’ve played together many years. I don’t believe anyone was trying to be unfair.

1 Like

My apologies @whovian223 and @JaneHatke. Just frustrated as I played Waterdeep and Brass well, just lost in close games. I thought that I had this one in the bag.

I did think we agreed to play the default board though, I would prefer that, as I have not played any other board. So let’s restart with that one?

I’m fine with restarting with the default board.

Since the instruction was “* Either “Standard” or “Random Identical” for Map Mode (ensuring all players have the same map.),” I just set it up as Random Identical.

However, I’m fine with playing the basic board.

Edit: I didn’t realize the first game randomized to choose the basic board! Shows you how long it’s been since I’ve chosen that option.

@whovian223
@JaneHatke
@kennfusion

Sorry to hear about the glitch, but thanks for your patience with each other over the restart!

2 Likes

Table 1:

Props to @feederofgoats for a nice animal block for the first move of round 5, stopping both @KYakerDude and I from finishing animals.

It is still unclear to me what yellow tiles are scored during the game, and which are scored at the end. A little more clarity in the scoring would be nice (maybe even a breakdown of points at the end).

2 Likes

Great game - about as close as it can be! I got off to a big lead but you guys roped me back in and my heart was in my mouth as I watched the final scores tally. It’s as fun game, but feels like a lot of luck involved with die rolls at key moments…

2 Likes

You both seemed to know what you were doing. I just managed to catch up a bit at the end.

I agree, I wish a point breakdown would be shown. Though you can step through a timeline of the game being played to see where points are scored.

i take screen recordings of the replays and can view them at my preferred speed (by pausing and fingersliding the bottom line), sometimes fastforward, sometimes very slow or even screen by screen.
it’s the perfect way to check all scorings (and all other happenings).

many players said they don’t need replays at all. each to his own, but at least you can get all the insights you might want.

most scorings in the app take place instantly when pieces are played, different to how it is done when playing the boardgame. it is meant as a kind of digital service for keeping the scores updated at any time.
when playing the boardgame there will be big surprises waiting in the final scoring.
playing the app we always see the updated scores.

eg when i play out the yellow bonus tile for owning watchtowers and have already 3 watchtowers on the board i will get 12 points then, and when i will play out another watchtower later, i will get 4 more points in that moment.
of course i might get additional points for finished territory, for covering all yellow hexes and so on. all this is shown in detail too.
but often too fast to be able to follow when only watching the ingame replays.
in fact i would prefer (an option for) step-by-step replays, like in TTA.

btw the workaround by using screen replays works great for all games with replays. one of my most used iOS feature.

3 Likes

it sometimes only seems like a game were gone.
every now and then the game fails at connecting to GameCenter when loading, so that you can’t see any game then.
it can help to click on your account/profile for enforcing connection to GC, or when that fails too, you can close down the game and reload.

but so it should have been there when you connected to GC for starting the new gane. it’s strange!
i have played a lot of CoB games, ranked and friendly, and something like this never happened.

1 Like

@SpiceTheCat - FYI, you have timed out in our game.

@Schlotzky - based on comments above, it’s probably safest if you and I wait for it to be our turn rather than risk destroying the game in the second last turn of the game. :stuck_out_tongue: