Stately play 2019 championship game poll

Feel free to vote on which games you would like to be included in the next Stately play championship. Vote on as many entries as you like. I consider the results of this poll to be non binding, but should show a general trend towards a significant number of games and will help advise the games list for the championship.

Please note that this is a somewhat raw dump of every iOS board game I could think of. Some of these games probably don’t have async, others are certainly not suited to this championship format. Once the results are in I intend to do some research on the winners and open a discussion on their suitability for this tournament

Lastly feel free to comment on anything I’ve missed. The poll looks editable so I should be able to add your suggestions to the list.

• Le Havre
  • Scotland Yard
  • Neuroshima hex
  • Coup
  • Isle of Skye
  • Paperback
  • Through the ages
  • Twilight struggle
  • Istanbul
  • Polytopia
  • Indian summer
  • Potion explosion
  • Colt express
  • Agricola: all creatures great and small
  • Bottom of the 9th
  • Risk
  • Terra Mystica
  • Agricola
  • Antihero
  • 8 minute empire

0 voters

• Brief history of the world
  • Cottage garden
  • 7 wonders
  • Carcassonne
  • Patchwork
  • Lords of Waterdeep
  • Star realms
  • Brass
  • Lotus
  • Galaxy trucker
  • Ascension
  • Tigris and Euphrates
  • Pandemic
  • Cthulhu realms
  • Le Havre: inland port
  • Steam
  • Elder sign
  • Talisman
  • Dynasties
  • Suburbia

0 voters

• Small world 2
  • Ticket to ride pocket
  • Ticket to ride
  • Puerto Rico
  • Eclipse
  • Stockpile
  • Bohnanza: the duel
  • Medici
  • Tikal
  • Ra
  • Splendor
  • Onitama
  • Mysterium
  • Love letter
  • Jaipur
  • Smash up
  • Harald
  • Mille Bornes
  • Sol forge
  • Summoner wars

0 voters

• San Juan
  • Dominant species
  • Lost cities
  • Concordia
  • Castles of burgundy

0 voters

That was a lot of voting :slight_smile:

Might be interesting to have a Zen Pinball round.

3 Likes

That’s a great idea. I can’t edit the poll now, but maybe people could put likes on your comment to gauge interest

Concordia and Castles of Burgundy?!? The latter I know is coming sometime in the future and I haven’t heard about the other getting the app treatment. Did I miss some announcements.

Also, since I whine about asynchronous as much as BGG whines about prices, it is really a shame how many games I would have loved to have voted for but couldn’t simply because there is no way they can be played in a tournament like this.

They are both on boitejeux and I know them to work on iOS/safari. I added them to the list because I think they are both solid games. I don’t know most of the others on that site.

With regards to async Im sure there’s plenty of titles up there that can’t/won’t work for us. I expect the voting will push those down to the bottom of the list. I found the idea of vetting 65 games to be quite daunting. Hopefully this way we have less games to screen for bugs and matchmaking issues before adding them to the final list.

1 Like

I would definitely be willing to include BJX/BGA/Yucata games in the tournament of others are

1 Like

Is Age of Rivals on there?

No. Age of rivals was actually one of the games I downloaded to add to the list, but I nixed it due to the collectible card nature of the game. I thought every player should be able to start each game on a level playing field. That way each challenge was a game of skill (and a bit of luck). Games with a collectible or unlockable progression didn’t really fit that ideal.

I think age of rivals was a really really good game, so this shouldn’t be taken as a slight. I just didn’t think it fit this tournament.

3 Likes

If you’re confident of bga or yucata games working on iOS/safari then by all means champion them here. There’s some good games over there! I think iOS native apps will take preference for a variety of reasons, but you might be able to find a browser based board game we can all get behind

I’ve played them on my iPad browser (Chrome, but I assume Safari would work too).

Not championing necessarily, but just saying it is a decent alternative.

Wanted to vote for NH, but the mp is an abortion, so I left it off. Voted for Suburbia, since it’s a great game - the mp was also a train wreck, but I haven’t played in a while; hence the vote in the hopes they’ve addressed it. If they haven’t, we may want to leave it off - games were pretty unplayable.

And as for BGA, I put in my vote for Tash-Kalar and Innovation. TK can only be played with more than two in Deathmatch, though, but is a quick play as 2p in High Form or whatever it’s called. I think Innovation supports up to 4?

Sadly they haven’t addressed the Suburbia issues.

I was wondering the same thing. Got all tingling thinking about a decent Mac Gerdts app on my phone.

What a great selection of options! I voted for several games I haven’t even played, and many I didn’t even know we could play on the browser rather than native iOS.

Huh, did I really not put race for galaxy on the list? What a remarkable oversight

4 Likes

It gets a bye and should automatically qualify.

2 Likes