Stately Citizen Journalism

One review seemed to suggest that the game is merely War, but some cards have powers. Let us know how it goes.

I gave it a couple days a little while ago. That review is entirely accurate.

War, but the cards you play have abilities. Each time cards with the same value are played by each player there’s a multi-card duel, which was about the only time you could perform combos and was the only real fun bit for me.

Solid pixel art, but the gameplay didn’t keep my interest.

Paradox announced a release date of April 24th for Battletech. This might make me buy a laptop if it is good enough.

2 Likes

Sounds like CCP (EVE Online) is making a Hades Star clone.

I really really really hope it is good. I want this turned into a franchise so much it hurts. I may have spent too much on everything Battletech/Mechwarrior (Novels, Sourcebooks, Models, Computer Games) but my body is ready to spend some more.

…boy is my body ready to do so…

1 Like

According to AppShopper, Splendor has updated to include the Cities expansions. I own the cardboard expansion but have yet to play it. I do know that it is a modular expansion, though, with multiple ways to expand the base game. Cities are just one of the modules included in the tabletop expansion.

Uploading…

Looks like you can try it out if you log in with an asmodee account.

Warbits is on sale for .99.

Does anyone know if it is possible to play a 3-player asynchronous game?

Saw this… I’m cautiously optimistic and hoping for something good…

Wow, Shenmue I&II coming to Steam this year with some limited upgrades.

Good preparation for Shenmue III then. I haven’t played them but was always interested. Even better if they get a PS4 port…a man can dream?

They are coming to PS4 as well.

1 Like

I played the first one on Dreamcast and the second one on XBox. Honestly the most exciting thing about this is probably the Japanese voiceovers, because I fired up the first one on a DC emulator not that long ago and the English voice acting was just so, so bad.

1 Like

That’s a given. I get really mad when publishers decide to cut corners and remove the original language version.
One reason I have so much fun in Yakuza Kiwami is that they removed the ATROCIOUS dub of the original altogether. Also Mark Hamil’s Voicework was way overrated as frak.

It’s nothing short of a Miracle that Yakuza 2 was even released in the West after that stain of a dub in Y1. And that so late in the console generation lifecycle back then.

Although they learned from their mistakes and this time didn’t bother with a dub.

So yes give me Shenmue in all it’s subbed not dubbed glory :wink:

Honestly, I think people are going to be really disappointed/confused if they pick up that collection after hearing decades of hype. For my money, the Yakuza series (especially the most recent installments) is basically Shenmue minus the most annoying/poorly-aged parts. I will say that a time-skip feature would go a long way toward improving the first game at least, but I get the feeling that is outside the scope of this project.

I have my fair share of overhyped games where I jumped on the bandwagon fairly late. I am all for the worldbuilding and story. If that’s well enough I can stand a lot of questionable or not all that well-aged gameplay mechanics.

And as I have still PS1 and PS2 era games in my backlog I can live trough the culture shock of playing something that “ancient” :slight_smile:

There’s closed beta keys available for Scythe at Asmodee Digital.

Note, this is for Steam. You need to log in and click on Beta Tests.

Can verify, got a key in as long as it took me to log in and click join.

Now if this train could just get me home to my computer faster.

Got a Scythe beta invite too… was very excited till I saw it was Windows only. :sad face:

I’m in it, but it’s very slow on my computer. I’m going to have to experiment a bit with settings. May be a bit much for my computer.

Just got through tutorial stuff, though. Couldn’t get the Structures one to complete