SP Ascension Quaran-Tournament master thread

The stars aligned in game 3 when I was able to grab some Machana early then transition to infrantry in time to grab some high value monsters.
Well fought @KYakerDude!

1 Like

I was pretty sure early in Game 3 that I was going to lose it after you got all those Machana constructs.

Good Game.

First quarterfinals matchup set. Begin now; do not wait for the bracket to “catch up.”

1 Like

@irishdomer08 over @js619 2-0

GG!

1 Like

@KYakerDude over @JaneHatke

Great games!

One semifinal is set.

Nice wins!

1 Like

Hardco over @KYakerDude 2-1

Missing the photo of the game I lost though. The last one could have gone either way. Close match!

You are too kind. I was surprised the last game was only a difference of 7 points.

Good luck in the finals!

Feygor over @irishdomer08 2 - 0

gg

1 Like

@JHTaube over Feygor 2:0
You really destroyed me. Great games.

First game was similar :worried:

That’s never happened before …
Epic last turn fueled by a dozen constructs and half a dozen dice rolls.

Possibly a way swingy result as you were up 20 honor early on.
But the high value targets appeared at the right times for me.

yes, that turn was epic. Congrats

Tied 1-1 and down to final game
Game 1 was quite possibly the dullest game I’ve played as we both amassed Mystics and Infrantry and the center row never gave us what we wanted.
Game 2 was a relearning experience for me as I hadn’t played this expansion for quite a while. @Hardco’s Enlightened beat out my Mechana starting faction.

Hardco over @JHTaube 2-1

Game 3 played out like most base set games. There was a fair bit of back and forth depending on who got the draw to clear the monsters out of the row, but I felt like JHTaube had a slight lead most of the game. Towards the end, JHTaube had a couple weak draws, and I lucked out with a couple Wind Tyrants in the middle row on my last turn when I had a good monster killing hand. It’s a shame we had to end it with base set, but I’ll take the win!
Good game!

Congrats @Hardco!
Next time

Excellent; that’s a wrap. I’ll post a final bracket tomorrow, just so we have something to look at.

I’ll probably do at least one more event this summer, too.

Yeah, it’s a compromise.

The absolute top problem with organizing an Ascension tournament is that the game has 15 sets. Too often, this leads to endless threads of “who owns what?”, “I don’t own that set”, “are we using promos?” and on and on. And if you do anything else other than single-game matches, you also want both players to be able to be the inviting player, not just one.

But everyone, of course, owns the base set. So it’s just quicker.

I want to do at least one more Ascension event soon. I’m thinking of either polling players for what they own, or just flat-out saying, “only sign up if you own X, Y, and Z.” I’ve also been squirreling away ideas from the Ascension Discord, which is full of crazy-ass tournament players.

1 Like

A final look. Also useful for future historians:

1 Like