Shards of Infinity ready for polishing

Oh sorryā€¦I meanā€¦I was sure it was a mistake but just wanted to warn about what happens in game.
As a matter of fact I just forfeit in error all my current Terraforming Mars ongoing games so you are in good company :slight_smile:

I almost exclusively play Shards on my preciousssss (iPhone X, always with me) but I donā€™t remember crashes on my iPad Air (first gen).

Iā€™m playing on an iPad Mini 5. No crashes for me.

yes, in fact i was kind of shocked when i heard that i had terminated the game.
iā€™m really sorry about that.
good to know about that danger now, as Pitta has accentuated.

yup, this, or Pittaā€™s ideas or a common health pool for both teammates.
but all in all i prefer 1on1 over multiplayer games.

no crashes on my ipad air 2.

I havenā€™t played this with more than 2, it in other card games that I play with my 2 old roommates we just do an attack left rule. That keeps us from hanging up in 1 person. In games like Magic we do allow spells and other effects to target any creatures.

Ya a good amount of iPad crashes when clicking Next Game

1 Like

I play on my iPad and havenā€™t had any crashes other than the ā€œrevealā€ bug from games that came out of the beta when you hit ā€œrematchā€

Most of my crashes are reveals or the occasional next turns. Tbh at this point they seem like more out of memory issues than anything else, as theyā€™re pretty infrequent. iPad Pro 10,5 with 12.3.? beta

Someone reported a bug when the game is kinda ā€˜laggedā€™ after taking a move (waiting for the server response) and you drag or hit next turn or thing. This seems like it could be the same thing folks are seeing here. Weā€™re looking into it.

1 Like

@Feygor, in our friendly game i just have killed one of you champions accidentally by mistap when only trying to scroll through your bunch of champions :confounded:
can happen quite easily.

so that has cost me the game when you survived that turn with only 2 HP left.
iā€™m glad that it did not happen in a tourney game :joy:

:thinking:
I liked the result :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Two questions:

1. Are homodeus way overpowered?

2. I see screenshots that everyone is posting of their end-game results and there are a bunch or cards in those shots. I havenā€™t really thought about it in my own games but I am now - what are those cards? Just your final hand, or something else?

I think your final deck? And I dunno about one faction vs the othersā€¦ I do know that the ā€œend turnā€ and ā€œplay allā€ being the reverse of Ascension is really fucking me up.

1 Like

Oh god, me too!

And the lack of warning ā€œare you really sure you want to end your turn without playing ANY FUCKING CARDSā€ is really getting on my nerves.

Why would I do that?

1 Like

Did you mean to post this in the tourney thread?

Yeah, maybe I asked a bit too soon; just finished a game and three cards are clearly your final deck.

Oh yeah thanks man!

Iā€™m playing a 3-player game and I quite like it. We are not enforcing any targeting rules, so right now it is a big free-for-all. Iā€™m not going to argue that it is better than 2-player, but a couple things Iā€™ve noticed:

1. Games seem to take longer, so you have even more combo opportunities.

2. There is a greater likelihood that the card you want but canā€™t afford will be gone when it comes back around to you, so there is added tension when it comes to opportunity costs.

3. Even without targeting restrictions, I havenā€™t encountered too many issues with hanging up on one player. All that does is allow the over player to stay healthy and build a strong deck. So far, it seems to make the most sense to distribute damage to everyone to keep the threat of losing a possibility.

This is a great duel game, but it does work quite well with three, and I assume 4.

2 Likes

Are there any expansions for Ascension that give it a more confrontational feel? I have a buddy who loves Shards of Infinity and doesnā€™t care for Ascension and Iā€™m just curious why, and how to fix that, if possible. Iā€™m sure he likes the confrontational element of Shards more, and I know Ascension canā€™t really replicate the ā€œattack the other playerā€ mechanic, but Iā€™d imagine there could be some sets that make construct play more important, or allow you to steal points, or something?

Of those available online (I havenā€™t looked at the latest ones in paper), the two most recent probably come closest to that. Gift of the Elements allows you to clog up the other playerā€™s deck by chucking unplayable monsters into it (but this can backfire, as there are also cards that key off them); and Valley of the Ancients has a tug-of-war over control of three temples. Itā€™s all still very much multi-player solitaire, but thereā€™s more direct antagonism than earlier sets featured.

2 Likes

I liked the Dawn of Champions expansion the most. It is ā€œconfrontationalā€ in the sense that you pick the cards of the faction your opponent belongs to, so he cannot do it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like