[Season 1] Ascension League Sign Ups

Hello All,

Remember when the world was a simpler place, where Playdek was ruling the iOS landscape and the orange man was still just a tv personality? Nah… me either.

But in an attempt to take a step back in time to one of the greatest iOS games ever, I would like to organise and put together an Ascension League!

It will be a round robin - home and away league, with a new batch of games being released each week. What does this mean?

Every 2 weeks you will be given a new matchup, most likely on a Monday. It is 1v1. Each person issues a challenge to the other using whatever rules they like (except time, which remains at 45 days). This is to simulate a “home and away” advantage if you like a particular set.

Each game counts, and the scores of the games will act as a tie breaker on the ladder.

I will keep the registration open for 2 weeks, and can accept any late joiners up until end of April. New joiners can also come in later, but will end up playing fewer overall games.

Let me know if you are interested!

1 Like

I’m in!

1 Like

I’m in.

1 Like

Sign me up!

1 Like

I am interested …

1 Like

I’m in!

1 Like

In!

1 Like

I’m interested.

And by signing up am I also signed up for when the world was a simpler place?

3 Likes

I am interested

1 Like

I am interested.

1 Like

I’m interested

1 Like

I’m in

1 Like

Yes, interested.

1 Like

sign me up

1 Like

I’m in

Awesome interest, we are up to 15 in pretty quick succession. Still more time for sign ups…

That would be 14 weeks if we started a pair every week, or 28 weeks if we went fortnightly.

Any preference for weekly starts vs fortnightly starts?

Weekly.

Do I get it right: everyone plays one game per week? Or is it multiple parallel?

At the start of each period, two games are initiated.

Player A issues with their rule set to Player B

Player B issues with their rule set to Player A

Which is why I was initially thinking we do that once a fortnight, to make sure people don’t get overwhelmed. But it also keeps it moving otherwise we will be here for a while :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying.

As it’s 2 games, I feel more comfortable with 14 days.

But I’ll play both timeframes.

1 Like

We are at 1 week of registration, 1 week remaining before we start the Ascension League!

1 Like