Roll for the Galaxy and online games timing out

Just a little bit I learned on Twitter from Temple Gate Games that I thought I would share.

Apparently (is this in the tutorial/instructions anywhere?), players have 7 days total to take their turns in the game before it times out. It’s like setting Ticket to Ride for 7 days, as it’s cumulative whenever it’s your turn. If that’s the case, I wish they had included a timer.

I did suggest to them that they use Digidiced’s method of timing out, where you get the option of kicking a player if the game times out. That way, your random online games you can win, but if you’re gaming with a friend, you can just let them take their time as necessary.

They seemed to like that idea, so I’m hoping that will be implemented in a future update.

there IS a timer. when tapping on “menu” your “time remaining” is shown just above the “resume” button.
7 days (for each player) is a long time for a fast game like RftG. nearly all of my games were finished with 6 days left on the timer.

I never noticed that!

And yeah, it is a long time for a game like RftG, but I have had multiple games time out because of my opponent being away or whatever, and it would be nice to not have it happen automatically.