Review: Terraforming Mars

and now i can understand why you couldn’t notice the new feature.
should be corrected in next update!

For what it is worth I see the whole symbol on iPhone 12 with standard (not zoomed) view.

@Mirefox - who won? The app told me the game finished, but I couldn’t open it to see the results!

Oh, no, I have no idea because all it showed were colors. And I know that I lost.

Does it seriously not show any scores anywhere.

the last player in sequence is the only one who gets to see the final scoring.
he must take screenshots for documentation.
best to take two screenshots: the first with colors and player names, the second at end of scoring ceremony with all scoring details shown.

the problem was listed as “known issue” in patch notes 1.1799 (“unable to see the result of an online game, if the player is not online when the game ends”), so we can expect that it will be fixed.

Must mean… rematch! Rack em up?

Yep

I’m up for one!

I’ll play. Sorry I botched that last one.

@Mirefox @Baelnor @whovian223 Game created.

1 Like

I won’t botch scores this time :grimacing:

How is the multiplayer with Prelude? I’m friends with some real TfM junkies who would love to play a rules-enforced game on Steam rather than TTS, but the original Steam implementation needed some love.

Still needs a little love, but it is serviceable, especially if you’re playing with friends.

If you look back a few posts, one of the huge issues is that only the last player sees the final score, so if said moron (read: me) doesn’t take a screenshot and share it, nobody else knows the final score. On top of that, the final score breakdown only shows player colors, not player names, so you need to know who is what color as well.

Aside from that, the game works. I think the heat/o2 track could be a little clearer and I desperately want turn replays so I notice how the game state has changed, but I don’t expect Asmodee to ever add that and I can live without.

1 Like

Not a huge issue but I periodically get logged out. Fortunately I had a notification that it was my turn, but it may not be the worst idea to check your game every once in a while.

Good game, all!

@JMH.75 @Baelnor @whovian223

1 Like

Good game! I really suck at async Terraforming Mars. :slight_smile:

Gg!

There is a world of difference between sitting at a table, watching your opponents construct an engine, and maybe trash talking a little versus zero player interaction and zero turn replays. The game feels soulless without replays.

1 Like

I agree. I do enjoy playing it, but it is a bit rough.

You all terraformes way too fast!

I ended up with 20 titanium at the end, and nothing to spend it on!