Red Planet Blues: a Terraforming Mars tournament

At least 2 out of 3 finished the game. Congratulation @irishdomer08 :grinning:

2 Likes

Good game!

1 Like

good game??!
no! i had been kicked out for no reason :angry:
will deinstall the game till i’ll hear about a reliable fix from other players.
asmodee/twin sails patch notes aren’t worth the paper they are not written on.

2 Likes

I’ve taken a couple of turns since, but frankly don’t understand - are we still playing this out? Clearly, @JaneHatke had plenty of time left. So what are we doing here?

I’ll drop out so you don’t need to restart the game again.

I’m not playing another. I’m tired of Twin Sails. I’d say my games have a 40% completion rate.

We are 3 oceans away from end game so I am fine playing it out with AI just to wrap it up, but if everyone wants to drop out I’d understand, too.

At this point, I’ll go with whatever @whovian223 decides. I’d rather not continue for the obvious reason that it’s not fair to @JaneHatke but again, I’m pretty sure I’m not winning, so there’s that.

I hope I’m making sense here. @Mirefox has indicated he’ll continue. If @whovian223 wants to continue, I’ll continue but if @whovian223 would prefer to quit, I will as well.

In any event, no way I’ll join another TfM again until they guarantee they’ve fixed this issue. It’s unbelievable that this issue still exists. I won’t be buying any Twin Sail games until they get their act together.

Since we’re so close, might as well finish it. But yeah, I’m not going to do a tournament again until it’s fixed (maybe this latest patch will? I doubt it).

Weird, because the casual games I’ve played with people have never had somebody removed like that. Part of me wonders if it’s some kind of internal turn timer? I know Jane had a lot less time than the rest of us. But if it is, that’s something that should be known and announced. That’s ridiculous.

In the near-vacuum of Mars, no-one can hear you scream at your laptop

Also, should you sucumb to the permanganate soil, never mind: your robot replacement is ready.

In summary, we’ll finish but there’ll be a big fucking asterisk by this tournament. Thanks Twin Sails.

Let us take stock of how things stand.

Table A @SpiceTheCat @Schlotzky @OhBollox Completed succcessfully

Player Corp Score
OhBollox Tharsis 77
SpiceTheCat Teractor 64
Scholtzky Helion 60

Table B @Snotty128 @robthomasson @Hardco Completed successfully

Player Corp Score
Hardco Helion 95
robthomasson Chung Sing 92
Snotty128 Credicor 83

Table C @JMH.75 @Caradog @Baelnor

Currently running

Table D @JammaTal @HolstenKnight @irishdomer08 Completed but with AI replacement

Player Corp Score
Irishdomer08 Ecoline 103
HolstenKnight Saturn Systems 95
JammaTal AI replacement Tharsis 82

Table E @js619 @Jason1002 @kennfusion Completed but with AI replacement

Player Corp Score
kennfusion Credicor 87
Jason1002 AI replacement Saturn Systems 79
js619 Helion 75

Table F @JaneHatke @Zebracadabra @whovian223 @Mirefox

Continuing but with JaneHatke replaced by an AI

It looks like we’ll lurch to some kind of unsatisfying conclusion. I will take the final scores including the robot usurpers for the final table, when tables C & F finish.

Sorry for the damp fizzle of the last round. It’s been an enjoyable set of games otherwise, and hopefully TfM will reach stability in the future.

1 Like

We are in the last round on table F. Should be done soon. Not that it matters much…

1 Like

Table C is super close…. Should be last round.

Just found life on mars, so happy with that

1 Like

Table F results:

Good game, sorry the app kicked you out @JaneHatke.

2 Likes

No way! Good grief, I thought I would be last. No matter, Twin Sails ruined it by kicking @JaneHatke. I couldn’t even see the final scores. The “PLAY” button is highlighted, you could press it a gazillion times to no avail. It can’t be that difficult to fix.

I have no reason to play this game again - unless these ridiculous bugs are gone. Can you imagine going through 6/7 generations and being kicked?!

1 Like

GG Table C!

Make sure you take a screenshot @JMH.75 :slight_smile:

Super fun game, reminds me of why I like TFM, shame app has been letting people down.

Results of Table C. Gg @Caradog and @Baelnor! Especially @Baelnor for sneaking silently with all his VPs right pass us.

2 Likes

Very nice, well played both. A lot closer than I was expecting it to be

That game was so fast, it was crazy!

And 48 TF rating is unheard of?

Great game all, super tight

I have no idea how this can proceed from here. @JaneHatke had over 22 hours remaining when kicked out. Seriously, how do you score something like that? I don’t want the win - it’s just so unfair.

IMHO, best bet might be to just abandon this and hopefully, revisit when and if Twin Sails fixes it?

It might take a concerted effort. I’ll pledge to contact their support with our complaint but we’d be better served by others contacting them as well.

1 Like

@Zebracadabra, thanks for your support.

1 Like

TfM = new update in App Store as of 2 days ago.

Version history attached. I’ll be emailing them later today about the problems previously stated by us. To put it mildly, I do not trust them and will demand a response. I would play a friendly or two just to confirm if anything has changed.

It would be fun to have another tourney but only as long as we have a reasonable expectation it will function as planned.